testtest

What influences you when purchasing a firearm

Hans answer made me realize mine was rather ambiguous, need and use. So my last purchase was the p365xl.

It started when I gave away "kits" to relatives. One included the Makarov I had carried occasionally and which occupied my GHB. This created a need. Now what would I like and actually use enough to warrant a purchase.

After looking into literally hundreds of possibilities I thought I should consider something very different, a modern polymer pistol. Since I knew rather little about them personally I had to do rather more research than normal.

Talked to people I knew and trust thier opinions who had them, read a lot of reviews (mostly for viability/desirability of certain features). And then actual hands on shooting. I thought that the P365Xl was the best fit, with the desired upgrade possibilities such as lights and optics.

I tend to be a bit schizo when it comes to gun purchases. My innate, recurring OCD mindset inevitably is going to tell me I should have bought some other kind of handgun no matter what I end up buying. Most recently I had four models of Glock handguns, a CZ, a Beretta, and I asked to see all of them about three times each...lol. That seems to happen every time I go to my local gun store with the intention of buying a handgun.

In one case, it was just flat out purtier. When I sold the Bulldog when I went down in calibers I knew I wanted another 3 inch revolver for CCW and woods loafing.

Bought the Sw Model 60 because she was just plain the purtiest lil thing there was. No need to question or worry about it working well for the task at hand.

I tend to be a bit schizo when it comes to gun purchases. My innate, recurring OCD mindset inevitably is going to tell me I should have bought some other kind of handgun no matter what I end up buying. Most recently I had four models of Glock handguns, a CZ, a Beretta, and I asked to see all of them about three times each...lol. That seems to happen every time I go to my local gun store with the intention of buying a handgun.
Soon you will begin to hear voices, Ghost…
They will say “Nineteen Elevens…Nineteen Elevens… Nineteen Elevens !!!” over & over, until you start buying ‘em….

There is of course only one effective treatment…

Hans answer made me realize mine was rather ambiguous, need and use. So my last purchase was the p365xl.

It started when I gave away "kits" to relatives. One included the Makarov I had carried occasionally and which occupied my GHB. This created a need. Now what would I like and actually use enough to warrant a purchase.

After looking into literally hundreds of possibilities I thought I should consider something very different, a modern polymer pistol. Since I knew rather little about them personally I had to do rather more research than normal.

Talked to people I knew and trust thier opinions who had them, read a lot of reviews (mostly for viability/desirability of certain features). And then actual hands on shooting. I thought that the P365Xl was the best fit, with the desired upgrade possibilities such as lights and optics.
Well, yeah, but then there was my purchase previous to the Cross, a S&W Governor.

I picked it up because I just thought they were neat, and I wanted one.:LOL:

What influences you when you buy a gun, is it ads in magazines, salesperson recommendation, internet reviews or a friend’s recommendation?
a combination of what someone else has (and lets me shoot it), or what i can rent, or reviews from trusted you tube people i subscribe to, and "once in a blue moon" a trusted salesman at the LGS's i go to.

but nearly never an ad from the manufacturer, as that is biased.

i have (maybe) 2 more i may want to get,

1) Standard Mfg, 1911, blued https://stdgun.com/1911-1/

2) Beretta 92 FS

Soon you will begin to hear voices, Ghost…
They will say “Nineteen Elevens…Nineteen Elevens… Nineteen Elevens !!!” over & over, until you start buying ‘em….

There is of course only one effective treatment…
LMAO...strangely enough, I do NOT have a 1911....and I have always wanted one...just usually out of my price range. I always told myself if I ever get around to buying a 1911 it has to be a Colt....it's still on my bucket list...lol

:oops: This is exactly what happened to me when I got my 1st 1911! And it didn't go away until I got 2.

I get an itch. Usually caused by a review I have read or hear people talk about. The I start reading.
My Hellcat, raving reviews and I wanted to switch my EDC from my 40 Shield to a 9mm. And I wanted something new.

My Beretta 92A1 I saw it and loved it bought it. Still 1 of my favorites.

Mil-Spec 1911, closest thing I could find to a Govt 1911, in my price range.

Maybe I got regimented in my list...sorry about that...it's isn't that chemical in reality, although each point is important...

Regarding online gun tubers, the ones I mentioned are ones who say as much bad as they do good (usually...Hickok45 can't say bad about Glock, but other than that those are ones I've seen cuss at features of guns they don't like). Others online can be fanboys or paid spokespeople (I'll be quiet now as 2 in particular I watch might be paid supporters of SA). Hell, MAC ripped the P365 but I still bought one. I forgot about iraqveteran8888, black diamond G&G and gunblue490...all have great content. Blackdiamond G&G also ripped the P365...more than anyone...The Joshes HATED it.

Like my news sources, I try to watch as much as possible before forming an opinion on something I am ignorant about (an unfamiliar firearm).

I have to take note of Talyn's last comment about enhancing what I already have before buying more iron...(or polymer).

For me, #1, it's gotta look good. #2 it's gotta be from a reputable manufacturer. #3 new/used don't matter to me, but it better work. #4 it's got to resemble something traditional. No bullpups or things that look like kids toys. #5 No wildcat cartridges only commonly available American cartridges 9mm, 45acp, 12ga, 5.56 and .308. That last one really bit me in the @ss last year.

a combination of what someone else has (and lets me shoot it), or what i can rent, or reviews from trusted you tube people i subscribe to, and "once in a blue moon" a trusted salesman at the LGS's i go to.

but nearly never an ad from the manufacturer, as that is biased.

i have (maybe) 2 more i may want to get,

1) Standard Mfg, 1911, blued https://stdgun.com/1911-1/

2) Beretta 92 FS
You know old me you will never regret getting a beretta 92 fs my favorite most accurate gun I own hits where you point it

You know old me you will never regret getting a beretta 92 fs my favorite most accurate gun I own hits where you point it
i wished i had gotten that one, in the beginning to be honest.

if i recall, it might have been pricing and out of stock at the time.

the CZ 75 B was cheaper, so i got that, and i love that one, and the Glock 17 gen4, was even a bit cheaper than the CZ.

from there, with the "collecting" i had been doing the past 2 years now, the Beretta just fell way to the back of the bus.

Back