testtest

What Is an ACOG?

I've got and have used both the ACOG, and Aimpoint.
Doc is again basing his experience on his man-made lake and target experience.
While it might be more advanced than it's peers due to magnification, it's no more complicated than any other sight, except maybe an Occluded one.
Spare me the rocket science routine.....

Another comment from the peanut gallery. The fixed magnification of 3x or 4x is what kills it for me. I understand that you can use this fixed magnification up close and personal. However, a 1x or dot sight has proven to be much more effective in actual use or training in close quarters. Having said this I know that people who practice a lot can just point and click (instinctive shooting) which is a valid argument if you fall into that category.

If you need something that covers point blank out to 100, 200, 300 or more then a dot is probably going to be more user friendly to the "once or twice a year I shoot to check zero" or "I get to the range when I can, but have never gone through a tac course or shoot house" crowd. This is the shooter that would (probably) best be served with a LPVO or red dot and magnifier combo if you want ranged magnification.

Back