testtest

What’s a “Cheap” 1911?

I picked up a new Springfield Armory 1911-A1 Mil Spec. 5" have not shot it yet but it fills nice in the hand's, a little heaver then my Colt Defender, or any XDM'S I have, was told it is a good gun.? any comments
They’re a good base-model 1911, yes.

And considering that it has a full-size steel frame and 2” more slide and barrel than your Defender’s compact alloy frame and 3” barrel, I would sure hope it would be heavier...;)

Like Hans, I'd take one excellent quality handgun that I could trust for absolute reliability than a bushel of handguns none of which I could trust.

Sadly, for too many Americans, an inexpensive handgun is all their budgets will allow.

My advice has always been and remains: if a handgun is intended to save your life, buy the best quality you can afford.

When I take my kids fishing in mean critter country, I'll take my Springfield Armory TRP .45 ACP.

I'm certain that the Ronin is Springfield Armory excellent quality.
It took me ten years of saving, losing, saving, spending on others before I finally got enough "extra" for the pistol I wanted. In hind sight I was preparing myself for gun ownership responsibility more so than having to come up with the 2K needed. At least that's how I'm rationalizing it! It's really a shame it took so long because my TRP Operator .45 ACP is surely the finest piece of gear I've ever owned. I completely agree with your advice!

Nothing “cheap” about it but I will say I’m not a fan of the word (cheap) I prefer inexpensive, I love black guns but if I was in the market for another handgun it would be the Ronin in 45ACP 5inch barrel. Beautiful gun.
I’m watching Springfield Armory for them to come out with a Ronin in 10mm
I hope the don’t because if they do I want one. 😂😂😂😂😂
Great article Mike.
Ask and ye shall receive... https://www.springfield-armory.com/1911-series-handguns/1911-ronin-handguns/

Back