testtest

Wheel guns

I’ll never say anyone shouldn’t carry what they want and we are in a golden age of smaller higher cap polymer 9’s are you thing.

However in the probability of probabilities a 6 shot wheelgun you will probably live through the night. People want to give me pushback but unless your the target of a cartel hit squad you worry too much.

Side not I saw some Jack wagon at the NRA annual meeting loose his s$&t with the Beretta rep because all the 92’s and APX’s had 17 rounds and not 18 round mags. Like hate to tell you Jr if 18 rounds makes the difference 17 rounds can’t you must have an exciting life!!!!

I’ll never say anyone shouldn’t carry what they want and we are in a golden age of smaller higher cap polymer 9’s are you thing.

However in the probability of probabilities a 6 shot wheelgun you will probably live through the night. People want to give me pushback but unless your the target of a cartel hit squad you worry too much.

Side not I saw some Jack wagon at the NRA annual meeting loose his s$&t with the Beretta rep because all the 92’s and APX’s had 17 rounds and not 18 round mags. Like hate to tell you Jr if 18 rounds makes the difference 17 rounds can’t you must have an exciting life!!!!

I’ve always wondered how many times those folks carrying 30+ rounds plan on missing…

Henry just came out with a pair, some reviews say they’re just for fun shootin’.
If SA et al, come out with a variety, then there’s a reason behind it all. A wheel gun return could signal more restrictions and bans down the line from the gubmint?

79055127-FA5B-41E2-8FC1-5E0BF4276319.jpeg

Henry just came out with a pair, some reviews say they’re just for fun shootin’.
If SA et al, come out with a variety, then there’s a reason behind it all. A wheel gun return could signal more restrictions and bans down the line from the gubmint?

View attachment 38810
I handled them at the NRAAM and while they seemed decent in the build department something about their look just wasn’t doing it. The one quirk on handling them is it seemed (to me anyway) the cylinder latch was a little too low. Nothing that couldn’t get overcome with use but as a S&W guy was just not where I am use to!

Good luck to Henry though I hope it does well for them.

Back when I was using a single shot bolt action .22 for squirrel hunting, a person had to be a little more careful about having a good shot before they pulled the trigger. If you only have one chance, you need to make it count. Kind of the same with a revolver.

I carry my Hellcat with 15+1 and a spare 15 round mag in case of malfunction. I don't think I'll ever need the extra 15 rounds but went to these mags to extend grip purchase for my XL hands as the supplied 11 and 13 round mags left my pinky finger hanging. Hopefully, if I'm ever in a situation that goes sideways, I'll never need that spare mag. I always carry one spare mag for all my EDC's for the same reasons but none are even close to the capacity of the Hellcat.

Edit for auto correct and punctuation

Last edited:
Since these new revolver are from Henry, I'm sure that the quality will be there, but I don't know, they're just weird looking.

I can see how the rear of the frame being extended would make it easier to have a higher grip which would in theory help reduce muzzle flip, so that's a good thing. It looks sort of like the Manhurin line of revolvers which are known for their quality.

The exposed ejector rod and the notched barrel are just plain weird.

They are probably very fine revolvers and shoot great, but they will never compare to the looks of a Colt Python or a S&W 686.

Since these new revolver are from Henry, I'm sure that the quality will be there, but I don't know, they're just weird looking.

I can see how the rear of the frame being extended would make it easier to have a higher grip which would in theory help reduce muzzle flip, so that's a good thing. It looks sort of like the Manhurin line of revolvers which are known for their quality.

The exposed ejector rod and the notched barrel are just plain weird.

They are probably very fine revolvers and shoot great, but they will never compare to the looks of a Colt Python or a S&W 686.
Agreed. The ejector rod and cut barrel sort of remind me of the old H&R revolvers from the 60’s 70’s and early 80’s.

I've owned different snub nosed revolvers over the years(current one is a S&W 638 and looking at Taurus 605 Poly Protector). I've never felt under-armed when carrying a small revolver.

They're in business. I just got these pieces within the last six week. You may be thinking about US Firearms Manufacturing Co. They made some fine pieces and, rumor has it, Standard Manufacturing has several of their craftsmen.

Mike

Thanks, and your correct.
Couple pics of my latest purchase. Its a fun shooter , Really likes 38 spl

Attachments

• 20230224_173907.jpg
    20230224_173907.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 100
  • 20230224_173930.jpg
    20230224_173930.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 102
Back