testtest

Wide World of Sports......sort of

The 1st game my junior (grade, not name) went fine as scoring goes, but he had trouble with his new position.....RB. For 4 years he has been a linebacker and special teams (mainly on kickoff). He doesn't start as RB and gets no time in practice for that position:mad:. With less than 4 minutes in the 4th he gets put in as RB. As he doesn't know the play the QB line him up on the wrong side of him. A guard misses a block and as soon as he gets the ball he gets nailed and fumbles. The other team recovers. Tough learning experience! He's very good as a linebacker and before practice started the head coach said he was glad too have him back. The coach goes on to say "You have never missed a tackle" (true!). Yet he doesn't play him? Oh well, team's loss! 2nd game was a loss as the starters can't seem to tackle. 3rd game went into overtime and was a loss by 1 point. With 3.1 seconds left, ball on the 26 the coach went for a TD instead of a field goal (35 yards). Now on to my twins (7th grade) and 1st time ever playing. The tallest of the 2 is 5' 11" (also the tallest on the team) 145ish and the younger is 5' 5" (about middle sized in the team) 105ish. The taller 1 plays LT and DE/DT. The shorter bro plays WR and SS. They had their 1st game last week and many on the teams were scared by the news of the opposing team player 6' 3" 250# (yes this is a 7th grader).
20220913_023734.jpg
After a few plays all the jitters were gone as the big guy on the other team was a marshmallow. If this guy gets his mindset on being tougher, he's going to be a hand full! My LT had paired up with this guy against him on D and O at times. My WR didn't get much play time, but was happy with the time he did have. We won 36-6. As strange as it sounds, we play them again this week (back to back with the same team).

My 7th graders went 8-0 and blanked most teams, my junior is in the playoffs (3a-d2) 9-2 record. 11/10/22 game was 1 sided (70-8) (49-0 at half). Hopefully headed to Dallas for state game the week before Christmas. The family took the '15 state finals trip to Houston and hopefully will never have to go there again! I think Jerry Jones has it in his house (Texas UIL state football games) for now on! 350 miles beats 600+ any day! Yes. that's 1-way milage.

Enjoy these days, they are gone in the blink of an eye. Then one day they discover, the one, and then dad gets lost in the wake of "love" sometimes many ones lol. But, the good news is they usually find thier way back to thier best friend, you.

Well off to another playoff game. This team that we'll be up against is in our district that we have won against with a big deficit. We'll see how this 1 turns out? If we win this 1 it's 2 more playoffs (quarters and semis) before state.

Back