testtest

Windage adjustments - Canik TP9 SF Elite

Two things come to mind.
One...the Warner Tactical sights were a 'highlight' in the promotional ad for the Canik. It draws you in.
Two...One would have assumed all Canik's pistols would have test fired for QC purposes...although not a test pattern to ensure accuracy.

I do not believe that sight has any lateral movement...as least I don't think it does....you say?
Perhaps they did and the problem is not the sights. Shooting left is extremely common when getting used to a new gun. Try adjusting your grip. Apply more pressure with your left hand and concentrate on straight back trigger pull with your right. Do not increase the pressure with your right as you increase pressure with your left. I’m assuming you’re right handed.

I would try this or have an experienced shooter try the gun and see if they get the same results, before you mess with the aights. It’s rare but occasionally sights are off, but more often than not it’s the shooter.

1728842557689.png

1728842692685.png

Perhaps they did and the problem is not the sights. Shooting left is extremely common when getting used to a new gun. Try adjusting your grip. Apply more pressure with your left hand and concentrate on straight back trigger pull with your right. Do not increase the pressure with your right as you increase pressure with your left. I’m assuming you’re right handed.

I would try this or have an experienced shooter try the gun and see if they get the same results, before you mess with the aights. It’s rare but occasionally sights are off, but more often than not it’s the shooter.
I'm inclined to agree with you. I do have a propensity to "jerk" vs. applying straight back pressure. I've been told I'm heavy handed in many other facets of life...lol.

One would have assumed all Canik's pistols would have test fired for QC purposes...although not a test pattern to ensure accuracy.
not all factory line guns are test fired, maybe 1 out of every 10 or 30 or 50 might be, but not every one..
hand made/fitted guns like a Les Baer or Ed Brown, or a Korth might be as they are built by 1 gunsmith at a time.

Canik's are typical factory made line run guns......heck, so are Springfields, Colts, and so many others.

hand grip, finger control, different ammo, play a part in target hits.

I’m gonna stop you before you adjust the sights.

Shooting left is one of the most common problems due to having an improper grip and/or trigger press with right-handed shooters.

I’d have someone else, who is a good shooter, give it a try. If it shoots fine for them…adjust what you are doing.
I won't touch the sights. I will have the wife which btw is the new owner fired the gun and go from there. In fact, I know of a range master at an indoor range that is a retired master gunnery sergeant USMC that is quite proficient. If the gun is off, he certainly will know straight away.

BTW - The sights are from Warren not Warner...my bad.

Anyway, I contacted the company via email, and this was their response. "Move the front sight" to correct for windage.
That blew my mind. Never had to mess with the front sight on any of the handguns I either own now or have owned in the past. 😱
You say...

I won't touch the sights. I will have the wife which btw is the new owner fired the gun and go from there. In fact, I know of a range master at an indoor range that is a retired master gunnery sergeant USMC that is quite proficient. If the gun is off, he certainly will know straight away.
Shoot it from a bench rest man.
Phaser,
This is the answer. Shoot from a firm bench rest and also have another shoot it. Both of these will confirm if the sights are off.

OK, OK....so I jumped to conclusions. I'm pleased to report it's NOT the gun. The wife just fired off (4) mags @ 8 to 10 yds. and printed them a tad low but center mast. Not bad at for first outing with this gun. Soooooooo....my heavy hand interfered with the whole process. But I can report I'm deadly with my Sig 320 with the red dot. Go figure.

Anyway, fellows we are not active full-time shooters just small time plinkers and like it that way.

Thanks for quickly responding and your pointed feedback was much appreciated.

OK, OK....so I jumped to conclusions. I'm pleased to report it's NOT the gun. The wife just fired off (4) mags @ 8 to 10 yds. and printed them a tad low but center mast. Not bad at for first outing with this gun. Soooooooo....my heavy hand interfered with the whole process. But I can report I'm deadly with my Sig 320 with the red dot. Go figure.

Anyway, fellows we are not active full-time shooters just small time plinkers and like it that way.

Thanks for quickly responding and your pointed feedback was much appreciated.
Every gun is a little different.

Back