testtest

Woman caught plotting to attack Baltimore power grid

On August 10 a Filbert tree branch contacted a power line and shorted it out in Eugene Oregon. That was part of a chain reaction that took out 8 states including Colorado.

The way it was explained to me One "generation unit" went out and that put an overload on the next generation unit and it went down and before it was all over 8 generation units went offline and the whole grid went down.

When I worked for HSS/G4S we had a guard detailed to drive from Colorado Springs to the New Mexico border every week and check the transmission lines.

There's a power plant in Colorado Springs that's owned by a power company in Texas all the power it generates goes to Texas.

Texas buys power from Colorado. Colorado buys power from Kansas. Kansas might buy their power from New York (hypothetically). So a power outage in Colorado could affect the whole country.

I was talking about this to a utilities employee one day. Apparently he worked for the Utilities provider wherever he was that day and was involved in the response.

According to him it was a domino effect and it took about an hour.

He also said that if you really wanted to take down the grid you wouldn't attack power plants in the cities. You'd go find a hub in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico or South Eastern Colorado or Kansas and start cutting down power lines.

Last edited:
On August 10 a Filbert tree branch contacted a power line and shorted it out in Eugene Oregon. That was part of a chain reaction that took out 8 states including Colorado.

The way it was explained to me One "generation unit" went out and that put an overload on the next generation unit and it went down and before it was all over 8 generation units went offline and the whole grid went down.

When I worked for HSS/G4S we had a guard detailed to drive from Colorado Springs to the New Mexico border every week and check the transmission lines.

There's a power plant in Colorado Springs that's owned by a power company in Texas all the power it generates goes to Texas.

Texas buys power from Colorado. Colorado buys power from Kansas. Kansas might buy their power from New York (hypothetically). So a power outage in Colorado could affect the whole country.

I was talking about this to a utilities employee one day. Apparently he worked for the Utilities provider
It’s because an Oil Barron Texan pissed off the Colorado man and got fussed at.
Texan said, “oh yeah”, and bought the power company and sent it all back home😝😝🤪🤪🤣🤣

The switching station near me are only surrounded by a chain link fence, I don't think it would be too difficult to do a power interruption.
Cut through that fence and try to walk across the compound without getting zapped.

I used to do security on substations I drove around Colorado Springs checking the fencelines and gates of various Substations. It was one of the best assignments I ever had. No one ever f****d with me and I moved around all night which made it all but impossible to find me.

My favorite place to check was a water pump station 30 minutes from the city limits. It was so far out in El Paso County that there were no man-made lights anywhere on the horizon. I would start heading out there at 1:45 and get there at about after 20 after 2. it took 30 minutes to check the place. Then I took my Mandatory 30 minute lunch break. By then it was 0320 and a 30 minute trip back to the city and off to a Substation just North of the Pueblo County Line. Just those two checks took a third of my night.

Back