testtest

X-Vision Flex 2 Review — Innovative Thermal Reflex Sight

-What's it like having to focus on a screen so close to your eyes?
-How far down a pic rail can you move it and still have a good sight picture?
-Can you use two eyes to sight?

Bulk seems a bit much for me in height as opposed to my scoped thermals.
Also, a screen which is open like that will always have ambient light coming off to mess with your eyes natural vision at night. When not up for your head to look thru, that ambient light can be a pain is butt.
Thermal scopes avoid that with the rubber eye piece

-What's it like having to focus on a screen so close to your eyes?
-How far down a pic rail can you move it and still have a good sight picture?
-Can you use two eyes to sight?
Great questions and thanks for checking out the review. It took me a little getting used to this optic, but once I did - I enjoyed it. You can definitely shoot with both eyes open, and I essentially treated it like a tiny little ultra HD tv screen mounted on my rifle after I got used to it. Instinctively, I started closing an eye as if it was an LPVO, but then realized it could be viewed more like any holosight. Once you set your zero on an electro-optic like this, it just holds true and you can mount it virtually anywhere on your rail section as long as you zero it properly.

Bulk seems a bit much for me in height as opposed to my scoped thermals.
Also, a screen which is open like that will always have ambient light coming off to mess with your eyes natural vision at night. When not up for your head to look thru, that ambient light can be a pain is butt.
Thermal scopes avoid that with the rubber eye piece
Good feedback. I agree; ambient light sources interfering with your vision at night definitely need to be considered. You can dim the screen on this unit quite a bit to better suit the nighttime environments you may be shooting in. Traditional monocular-style optics do pose certain advantages, as you noted. My initial impression was also that the unit was large. I would estimate that it's about 25-30% larger than say, a Eotech HWS unit. After working with it, the form factor didn't hinder my use, and I would consider equipping this piece of kit for very selective use-case scenarios, ie: predator/hog hunting - and as a standalone unit with the handle mount.

That looks really cool, would love to have one around the house and or on my AR-10 Hogger. 5 hour battery life sorta seems more CQB-ish (In & out) but extra batteries are available. Right now 3500 bucks is a non starter for me for this, maybe after I win the lotto tomorrow.
Heck yeah, this would be a pretty sweet addition to a dedicated hogging rifle. Thanks for checking out the review!

I suppose this $3500 :eek: gizmo would have applications for predator or hog hunters, but for the "operators" mentioned in the text, wouldn't having a large-ish illuminated screen display amount to having their faces illuminated by a flashlight? It seems that would undermine their desire to remain unseen by an adversary.

Back