testtest

XD9 4" or XD9 sub compact

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere on this Forum but anyways. I'm in Ca and am kinda limited on what hand guns I can purchase but I've been looking at the XD9mm 4" model and the XD9mm sub compact . I know the sub compact is more concealable but would the 4" be difficult or uncomfortable as a EDC?
I currently do not have a CCW and don't know if it's even worth getting one seeing how screwed up Ca when comes to where you can carry. Any info would be appreciated

I found the subcompact to be too small for my liking. I carried it for several years before upgrading to an XDM Compact (3.8"). I think the XD 9 4" would be fine for concealed carry. The barrel length is low on the list of what makes a good concealed carry. I'd strongly suggest calling around and seeing if theres one for rent in your area to get a feel for it.

Welcome to the forum. Firstly, I have no knowledge of the ridiculously arbitrary list of acceptable handguns in CA. I would suggest considering an XD-S, also. In my humble opinion, the XD-S soundly checks alot of CCW boxes. As Oakie advised, whatever interests you, trying before buying is the path to satisfaction. Good luck going forward.

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere on this Forum but anyways. I'm in Ca and am kinda limited on what hand guns I can purchase but I've been looking at the XD9mm 4" model and the XD9mm sub compact . I know the sub compact is more concealable but would the 4" be difficult or uncomfortable as a EDC?
I currently do not have a CCW and don't know if it's even worth getting one seeing how screwed up Ca when comes to where you can carry. Any info would be appreciated
The XD 4” is the same size as a G19, so yea it would be easy to conceal, as for the XDs I agree with it as I have one, very reliable gun.

I have the XD9 Subcompact and the XD 45 and love them both. The subcompact with the extended mag is my go to and I highly recommend the Subcompact for EDC.

And yes, I live in California.

I like the sub compact with that extended mag also. Don't like my pinkie hanging off the grip. I know you don't need much if you get in a close quarter scuffle but how's the range/accuracy of the SC ?

Thankfully, I have not been in a scuffle which required me to find out. However, I have had it on the range and have hit targets at 25 yards with a 1.5” grouping. I am confident that in a CCW situation I will not be more that 10 yards, and I would trust my training and accuracy at that distance.

i have both in 9 and 45
the 9 with 4" barrel is easy to carry and a wonderful pistol to operate
the sub 45 is a HANDFUL if your fingers and wrist are tired or sore
also have a xd service that is equally easy to carry.

Back