testtest

XDM (E) compact with optics plate

Hello everyone, new member here. I have long been a fan of Springfield's but am new to the forum. My first experiences with any type of Springfield was in Iraq and the rifle I carried there. After that I was introduced to the XD lineup and have liked the various versions of the weapon ever since. Now with the Saint and Saint Victors, the XDM(E) and the 2020 I feel like Springfield has a firearm for almost everyone.
I am currently in search of my first red dot ready pistol and have looked at several. While the XDM(E) tactical looks awesome it is a bit larger of a platform than I am looking for. The compact version of that gun looks incredible but it is not read dot ready. Anyone think that a Optics ready version of the compact is needed or will be available soon?

Unfortunately, mods are not privy to release schedules but like you I’d love to see the XDMe Compact in an OSP version. My EDC is a Gen 1 XDM Compact. It took 3 different EDC’s before I landed on the Compact. An OSP elite is just about the only reason I’d ever change.

Also, welcome to the Forum!
I totally understand if you don’t want to discuss it here but I’m curious which Springfield you carried in Iraq and what kind/how much use it got. One of the more inane comments that frequently pops up online is Springfield’s rifles aren’t “battle ready” and having not served I don’t have a qualified response.

I think one consideration that was lost in the argument over the M14 and M16 variants that came afterwards was the chambering and stopping ability. As a former Soldier, I get the weight consideration. However, a Special Forces SGM stated he had to shoot an enemy combatant 10 times with the 5.56 round to stop the threat. Note. This debate is for another discussion.

Also, welcome to the Forum!
I totally understand if you don’t want to discuss it here but I’m curious which Springfield you carried in Iraq and what kind/how much use it got. One of the more inane comments that frequently pops up online is Springfield’s rifles aren’t “battle ready” and having not served I don’t have a qualified response.
Sorry, been busy at work and gearing up for another deployment. Going to be my last one before retirement. The Springfield I carried in Iraq was on my first deployment which seemed like a lifetime ago but was really back around 16-17 years ago (ish). It was when the designated rifleman idea and class was first kicking off and I was one of the lucky few to be chosen for what was then a new idea with the M1A1’s. I remember almost no one in the troop had even seen one and I was one of the very few that had every handled one before enlisting. That rifle was heavy and long but it was easy to use, easy to break down and very accurate at distance.

Been a minute but as a follow up question, what is everyone paying for an optics cut on a pistol. I think that a XDm-E compact with the optics will be coming sometime but as hard as it is for gun companies to keep up with the current demand it might be a minute before they come out with one and not sure I want to wait.

Back