testtest

Your First Look at the 1,064-HP 2025 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!

If I coudl get away with it, I would rob a bank or two to get one of these things.
I had never really been a Vette fan, but since 2020.....

I have to have one.
it was always a "dream car" for me, for eons.

however, my youth left me rather quickly, i met a super terrific gal, and married her, and had 5 kids....

dreams will never leave us, but time will, and for me, i know i will never have the many things i wanted, due to making sacrifices throughout my life.

i say, "go broke and get the god damned SOB".....

you're only gonna be young for xx amount of time........

don;t be like me, and end up with a stupid tropical fish tank.

So muscle cars inherently cannot compete with Euro 12's? That is my inference from your post. Tell me if I'm wrong.
Not saying that, my opinion is the vette isn’t a muscle car like the ones I mentioned, it’s a car designed to compete against the European sports car market….most muscle cars were made for one thing…..1/4 mile. Some might compete with some Euro 12’s, not quite sure what those are myself, not into foreign cars.

Last edited:
Someone with lots of money and no driving skills , or common sense , might buy this thing and end up crashing it or worse .

I know a guy who is a very competent dirt track racer . His engines have been dynoed at 800+ horsepower. He bought one of the ford mustang super snakes. So after driving it for a while to get used to it , he decided to see how it really ran. He launched from a dead stop. At 115 MPH he power shifted 3rd gear and lost it when it broke traction and he went into the ditch .

Many would say , " Well that's what he gets for doing that on a public road. " However anyone who is a fast car owner has done this very thing. I have done it and I know others have done it. I never did it in a populated area. It was out in the country with no houses in sight. Yes there are still places like that.

Am I saying this car or any like it shouldn't be made ? NO! I am saying that anyone who buys this or any car like it should understand what they are buying.

We used to sell a lot of them at the dealership I worked at. They were expensive then and now. I could get in them ok but I could not get out of them without looking odd. They are a young persons ride unless an old man is trying to catch a younger girl! The days of the Corvette for me are done and just a memory.
Had 3 in my youth. A 57, 59 and a78. Last was a real dog. Wife “convinced” me my Vette days were over. Have a rich neighbor who just bought a 1962. The jealousy is strong.

it was always a "dream car" for me, for eons.

however, my youth left me rather quickly, i met a super terrific gal, and married her, and had 5 kids....

dreams will never leave us, but time will, and for me, i know i will never have the many things i wanted, due to making sacrifices throughout my life.

i say, "go broke and get the god damned SOB".....

you're only gonna be young for xx amount of time........

don;t be like me, and end up with a stupid tropical fish tank.
I'm afraid it's too late for me, as well.
I'll be turning the big 50 next year.
Only had 2 kids, but, that's pretty much my life too

I'm afraid it's too late for me, as well.
I'll be turning the big 50 next year.
Only had 2 kids, but, that's pretty much my life too
50....50....50.....50....??

jesus h. christ man......i turned 50, dozens of years ago.......

why i was 50 when God parted the seas..

i was 50 when Isaac Newton discovered electricity....

i was 50 when dinosaurs roamed Mars...

i was 50 when Elvis took his first baby steps

1 was 50 when Henry Ford invented the wheel

and you're 50 now..>???????

holy christ...Martha get the video recorder, we got us a youngn' taking his first moon walk steps.....!!!!!

Someone with lots of money and no driving skills , or common sense , might buy this thing and end up crashing it or worse .

I know a guy who is a very competent dirt track racer . His engines have been dynoed at 800+ horsepower. He bought one of the ford mustang super snakes. So after driving it for a while to get used to it , he decided to see how it really ran. He launched from a dead stop. At 115 MPH he power shifted 3rd gear and lost it when it broke traction and he went into the ditch .

Many would say , " Well that's what he gets for doing that on a public road. " However anyone who is a fast car owner has done this very thing. I have done it and I know others have done it. I never did it in a populated area. It was out in the country with no houses in sight. Yes there are still places like that.

Am I saying this car or any like it shouldn't be made ? NO! I am saying that anyone who buys this or any car like it should understand what they are buying.
Yup. The first year of the Dodge Viper (V-10), '94 I think, 800 were sold. Half ended up getting wrecked.

Yup. The first year of the Dodge Viper (V-10), '94 I think, 800 were sold. Half ended up getting wrecked.
Well if one watches the street racers show off with their new super/turbo charged stallions, there IS a surprising number who crash out right at the beginning. Quite of lot of that going around.
thing is nearly all young boys think they know what they are doing, or know how to handle multiple horses under the hood..

nitwits they are mostly, stupid for thinking that they know what they are doing....when they don't know Jack Shite.....

best they buy a good used Yugo or Pinto, or Nash, and actually LEARN how to handle a whopping 90 horse power gem.

why is it that professional race car drivers rarely crash? knowledge of the power, respect of the power, and most of all....skills.

For those who might not know what the term , full power shift , means that I used in my post....

When you have a car with a manual trans and a motor with huge horsepower , You get the motor to red line , quickly tap the clutch , and pull the next gear. If the car is spinning the tires and getting sideways when you power shift the next gear it will quickly jump sideways the other direction.

You have to have very quick reactions to keep the car in control. I could keep my car in my lane but I started out playing with it at lower RPMs before I started shifting at 7200 RPM.

Back