testtest

4 most powerful US grenades

I was with the 25th aviation in Chu Chi, transferred to the 34th. My last amor unit was Charlie company 1/68, 8th Inf in Germany. I picked Charlie company just because I was in a Charlie company in Germany. At the time Charlie company was attached to a few different units. I vaguely remember our company was split up in platoons going to the 9th Inf, 5th mech, 101st airborne and maybe others. Late 68 thru July 69 attached to 101, cant remember what the firebase name was in the A Shau. I had a serious stroke about 20 years ago, lost a lot of my memory

Attachments

• IMG_0037.png
    IMG_0037.png
    656.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0040.png
    IMG_0040.png
    487.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0039.png
    IMG_0039.png
    469.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0038.png
    IMG_0038.png
    476.1 KB · Views: 65
Please correct me if I'm wrong, are these KIA lists? I don't know if I'm blessed or cursed but I can only remember one name, George Chapman, driver of my tank. I visited George in Texas when he returned home. I obviously knew many, many guys in the different units I was in but I can only remember the one name. Man I know you're trying to be helpful going over this in detail but it is taking me to a place I don't want to go. Thanks

BB, you didnt miss anything. Oh, i would do it all over again.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful I never had to endure combat, but the fact is I think I would have been good at it. If I could go back to when I was 17, knowing the things I know now, I almost certainly would have enlisted in the Marine Corps when my buddy and I went into the recruiting office looking to go in on the "Buddy" program. I backed out, he did 12 years. Either that or I would have went into law enforcement.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful I never had to endure combat, but the fact is I think I would have been good at it. If I could go back to when I was 17, knowing the things I know now, I almost certainly would have enlisted in the Marine Corps when my buddy and I went into the recruiting office looking to go in on the "Buddy" program. I backed out, he did 12 years. Either that or I would have went into law enforcement.
Had a friend,2 tours in Nam, lost an eye on second tour; his buddy got killed in Nam

I joined the Army with a good friend under the buddy program. We went through all of our stateside training together and both got orders to go to Germany. While I was home on leave there was a family medical emergency, I got a temporary compassionate assignment to stay in Texas. About 6 months later I went to Germany. I looked him up we had great time. He went to Vietnam in 66 didn't make it home. I'm glad you didn't have to go to war. The only guys I had no use for were the ones that went to Canada to dodge the draft.

I joined the Army with a good friend under the buddy program. We went through all of our stateside training together and both got orders to go to Germany. While I was home on leave there was a family medical emergency, I got a temporary compassionate assignment to stay in Texas. About 6 months later I went to Germany. I looked him up we had great time. He went to Vietnam in 66 didn't make it home. I'm glad you didn't have to go to war. The only guys I had no use for were the ones that went to Canada to dodge the draft.

My buddy ended up going over in the first Gulf War. He never actually saw combat, but he did get to blow up leftover ordnance with high powered rifles at distance before they left. He was trying to be EOD, but he ended up an armorer.

I have him over for dinner every Friday night. He's currently a federal guard at the Jefferson Memorial Expansion Museum ( The Gateway Arch).

My buddy ended up going over in the first Gulf War. He never actually saw combat, but he did get to blow up leftover ordnance with high powered rifles at distance before they left. He was trying to be EOD, but he ended up an armorer.

I have him over for dinner every Friday night. He's currently a federal guard at the Jefferson Memorial Expansion Museum ( The Gateway Arch).
My retired USSS agent buddy, head of security for the OKC bombing memorial

I only know 2 people personally that was in Nam. 1 is a father to a classmate of mine that flew Huey's and the other was in SOG that did many things he can't talk about. Not just mission wise, but mentally is hard to grip with. He mentioned times with ROC (not sure if that's correct, but those extremely tough South Vietnamese military personnel). It's not how physically tough you can/could be, but how mentally tough you can be then and after.

I only know 2 people personally that was in Nam. 1 is a father to a classmate of mine that flew Huey's and the other was in SOG that did many things he can't talk about. Not just mission wise, but mentally is hard to grip with. He mentioned times with ROC (not sure if that's correct, but those extremely tough South Vietnamese military personnel). It's not how physically tough you can/could be, but how mentally tough you can be then and after.
We had RF/ PF - regional forces/ popular forces with us, besides ARVN soldiers.

Need to mention this- the great band- Chicago
We saw them 3Aug71, came from Millington naval hospital. We put on the ground floor. Great band- terry kath, peter seterus

Most know and have heard about these 4, but lego nades could change with less to throw.
I prefer the M-79 approach to grenades. Like they say, "reach out and touch someone." I found the Frechette rounds especially useful in night ambushes.

Could it have been ROK? (Republic of Korea). I flew with a couple of their chopper pilots, very hard core.

I prefer the M-79 approach to grenades. Like they say, "reach out and touch someone." I found the Frechette rounds especially useful in night ambushes.
I literally fired bunches of M-79 40mm grenades. Mostly HE and canister rounds. I never saw a flechette round, probably after my time. Bet it was a potent round at very close ranges.

Back