testtest

AR Component Question

wmg1299

Professional
I procrastinated and forgot to give the kids any Fathers’ Day ideas. Palmetto State has their “Premium Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group” on sale for $99 with free shipping. I have built a few AR’s using Anderson, Bear Creek Arsenal, and PSA components. I’ve never used any sort of upgraded/premium BCG in any of my builds, and have always gone with the basic BCG included with whatever upper I purchased.

I’m a fairly low-volume shooter, especially since ammo prices exploded (probably average 200 rounds per year per AR). I am not familiar enough with components to know if the “premium” PSA group is actually a high-quality product, or if buying a “premium” PSA item is like ordering the premium burger at McDonalds. Is the PSA BCG a decent gift idea to give the kids, or would it be a waste of $100 bucks?

I’ve never ordered any of their guns or gun parts but I know quite a few people that have and swear by them. They think I’m crazy for spending extra money on all my Springfields just because they say “saint” on the side. May not be as good as the BCG in my guns (or maybe it is I don’t know) but for $100 you could do a hell of a lot worse. That much I do know.

I read about the roller cam pin and gas key upgrade and thought it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

I purchased the other bolt parts from Bear Creek Arsenal. The combination operates much more smoothly. I haven't fired enough ammunition through the rifle to fully test the reliability; however, the reviews I have read are all positive.
I thought I made a good decision.
Good luck!

Didn't PSA buy a part of Remington?
As mentioned, yes part of Remington was bought by PSA. I copied the below from an article on the subject:

“JJE Capital Holdings, the investment company that owns South Carolina-based Palmetto State Armory, is listed as the successful bidder of Remington's recently shuttered DPMS black rifle brand as well as the H&R, Stormlake, and Parker brands. Suppressor-maker AAC, likewise will go to JJE pending court approval.”

I'm building a belt fed AR right now, just finished the lower, I got a quality billeted lower and a Geissele buffer tube and H3 buffer and spring on sale for $338 after tax and shipping at Primary Arms.

Just throwing another good online build source with sales out there.

I'm building a belt fed AR right now, just finished the lower, I got a quality billeted lower and a Geissele buffer tube and H3 buffer and spring on sale for $338 after tax and shipping at Primary Arms.

Just throwing another good online build source with sales out there.
Half of my last pistol came from PA. The other half from PSA and Bear Creek.

The PSA Premium BCG is basically a mil-spec Toolcraft bcg. Main differences from their run of the mill bcg, is the bolt will be c158 for sure, and it'll be both MPI and HPT, also the carrier will be phosphate coated, and chrome lined.

When you buy PSA's run of the mill BCG, it's a crap shoot what you'll get. Sometimes it'll be full nitride bolt and carrier (I actually prefer these, very easy to clean). Sometimes the bolt with me c158, sometimes 9310, sometimes it'll be marked MPI, sometimes it won't.

Back