testtest

Best Handgun for Beginners & Home Defense [2022]

when-someone-says-glocks-are-better-than-1911s-and-you-5928521.png

I've never owned a Glock and don't care to.
1- 911
1- 1911
1- Baby Rock
1- Max 9
1- Hellcat
1- 629
1- 85 FS
4- Shields
8- Ruger single actions
A handful of others.

Out of these, I would recommend one of the Shields. Easy to shoot, accurate, reliable, & soft shooting.

I've never owned a Glock and don't care to.
1- 911
1- 1911
1- Baby Rock
1- Max 9
1- Hellcat
1- 629
1- 85 FS
4- Shields
8- Ruger single actions
A handful of others.

Out of these, I would recommend one of the Shields. Easy to shoot, accurate, reliable, & soft shooting.
Sold my 911, ambi safety and me didn’t get along, love my Hellcat, own first Gen Shield in 9mm, own several 1911’s, own several Glocks, just like stirring the pot on Glock perfection……🤪🤪🤪🤪

Just wanted to remind you that the Glock is heavily based on the 1911
This is where we can disagree, how is the Glock heavily based on the 1911, I don’t see this at all, well the Glock isn’t a totally new design, there is no similarities between the two. Gaston Glock looked at various pistol designs when he was working on the Glock before he came up with his final design. Don’t know where you think it’s heavily based on the 1911.

All of the guns mentioned are fine pistols. I am concerned that they are all in the $550-$750 range after taxes and a few boxes of ammo. While I am not a huge proponent of Taurus products, the G2/G3 line appear to be reliable. If someone has $500 to spend on their first gun, I'd rather they go with a $250-$300 G2/G3 and spend the rest on ammo and training (or at least a few range sessions). If they have $1,000 to spend, then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of the guns on this list.

All of the guns mentioned are fine pistols. I am concerned that they are all in the $550-$750 range after taxes and a few boxes of ammo. While I am not a huge proponent of Taurus products, the G2/G3 line appear to be reliable. If someone has $500 to spend on their first gun, I'd rather they go with a $250-$300 G2/G3 and spend the rest on ammo and training (or at least a few range sessions). If they have $1,000 to spend, then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of the guns on this list.
Yea, the Taurus G3 seems to be pretty good and rated fairly high, I just have had no luck with there pistols over the years, revolvers are iffy, but if a Raging Bull ever shows it’s face around me, it’s mine….lol…. of course it would have to be in 454……

Yea, the Taurus G3 seems to be pretty good and rated fairly high, I just have had no luck with there pistols over the years, revolvers are iffy, but if a Raging Bull ever shows it’s face around me, it’s mine….lol…. of course it would have to be in 454……
I have no problem with their revolvers. In fact one of my favorite handguns is a Taurus model .44 with an 8.5" bbl.

Their autos, especially the G series? Definitely a pass for me.

I had a Taurus 66 years ago that worked well, but had 2 autos that didn't, so no more for me. I do have a Taurus lever gun that I like (formerly Rossi).

I bought a Ruger Max 9 and a Shield Plus for $389 each. I think that is very reasonable in today's market. Those prices are near the cheap gun prices that may not have the quality of these major brands.

Back