testtest

Calling all Cretins

I guarantee you spend more money on shaving than I do. I haven’t bought a blade or a razor in probably 5 years. And I only bought one tub of soap in that time and that’s just because I wanted it. I have enough soap to last me the rest of my life and enough blades for at least another five years. At $30 per 1000 and 5-6 shaves per blade.
Well, 5-6 shaves per blade I can see as long as there's less than 25% rust on it, but who the hell is ever gonna' use up 1,000 blades?

PS: I do keep a "Turbo Shaver" in my truck for those unexpected, last minute needs. I think it was like $5.99+/- and ordered over the I-net. Uses a couple AA batteries and does 'OK'. I'm never without the ability to shave as long as I've got access to batteries. .... Of course it works, much like scraping your face with a concrete building block. But I'm tough, after all I did kiss that bear and "wrassled" that perty woman. jj

I'm retired. I don't shave regularly anymore. Once or twice a week maybe, if I happen to be going somewhere. Usually, I'm hanging around the house with between 2-5 days of stubble. :rolleyes:
If I do go out in public, I'll generally run my Wal-Mart special Norelco electric over my face real quick. That's good enough to a public appearance.
Now if I have a date, that calls for a clean, close shave. Then I break out the Kroger brand twin blade disposable and the Barbasol. ;)

why-do-i-grow-a-beard-beacuse-i-am-neither-a-woman-nor-a-child-meme.jpg

you "count" how many shaves you get per blade..??

i just shave once a day and shave, shave, shave until it gets rough on the skin, telling me that its time for a new disposable razor..that's how they make thier money........i say, "screw'em, i can get a "few" dozen shaves outta each one.

i laugh at those old tv commercials that said to shave once, then toss away the disposable razor.....

thems a lot of shaves in those disposable razors....
No I don't. It's just a guess. But I can tell you I get more shaves per blade than I ever did out of a cartridge. And instead of $3-$5 per cart, I pay like $.03 per blade. Now, if you estimate, very conservatively, 3 shaves per blade that means I can shave for 10 years on $30. And that's if I shaved every day, which I don't. More like once every week or two any more.

Unlike most of you who view shaving as a hated chore, I have in fact elevated it to an art form using the same stuff your grampa used. I never have ingrown hairs, my shaves are as close as they come, my face is never irritated, I don't get razor burn, I get a nice relaxing experience and I look great and smell like Cary Grant. Literally beating women off me all day long. Using razors that were made before most of us were born.

No I don't. It's just a guess. But I can tell you I get more shaves per blade than I ever did out of a cartridge. And instead of $3-$5 per cart, I pay like $.03 per blade. Now, if you estimate, very conservatively, 3 shaves per blade that means I can shave for 10 years on $30. And that's if I shaved every day, which I don't. More like once every week or two any more.

Unlike most of you who view shaving as a hated chore, I have in fact elevated it to an art form using the same stuff your grampa used. I never have ingrown hairs, my shaves are as close as they come, my face is never irritated, I don't get razor burn, I get a nice relaxing experience and I look great and smell like Cary Grant. Literally beating women off me all day long. Using razors that were made before most of us were born.
Cary Grant's been dead for decades...you sure you wanna smell like him..????.. :LOL:

since you have a beard, that explains why you can go far on one blade..many of us don't have beards (or just not anymore)..you have a smaller area to keep clean, so for some of the guys especially the ones with "wirey hair" their razors get eaten up the stiffer beard stubs.

as far as smelling good..?? ......i smell like Icy-Hot most times......only i don't have to beat women off me......they know to stay away.

Cary Grant's been dead for decades...you sure you wanna smell like him..????.. :LOL:

since you have a beard, that explains why you can go far on one blade..many of us don't have beards (or just not anymore)..you have a smaller area to keep clean, so for some of the guys especially the ones with "wirey hair" their razors get eaten up the stiffer beard stubs.

as far as smelling good..?? ......i smell like Icy-Hot most times......only i don't have to beat women off me......they know to stay away.
I don't keep a beard. I am just somewhat lazy about shaving these days and generally do it like once a week. Which makes my already tough facial hair even harder to get through.

I shaved early yesterday morning and my face is probably still as smooth as most of you guy's faces immediately after shaving with a cartridge razor, like an animal. :D

I don't keep a beard. I am just somewhat lazy about shaving these days and generally do it like once a week. Which makes my already tough facial hair even harder to get through.

I shaved early yesterday morning and my face is probably still as smooth as most of you guy's faces immediately after shaving with a cartridge razor, like an animal. :D
oh, i thought you had a beard.

that's right, some of us are animals...some of us are.....

I said before that I would never tell... no straight razor for this girl. I only shave when the legs are gonna get fresh air (yeah, I'm a cretin :cool: ). I use Athena Club, the razors work well but they are goopy with this strip of conditioning crap. Feels nice. I'm lucky though, I can not shave for two weeks and one wouldn't notice. My hair is light and very fine.:cool:😁

I said before that I would never tell... no straight razor for this girl. I only shave when the legs are gonna get fresh air (yeah, I'm a cretin :cool: ). I use Athena Club, the razors work well but they are goopy with this strip of conditioning crap. Feels nice. I'm lucky though, I can not shave for two weeks and one wouldn't notice. My hair is light and very fine.:cool:😁
My wife could never shave her legs and no one would notice. Her hair is baby fine and blonde and really doesn't grow on her legs. I bet she shaves a few times a year.

My father after he retired Air Force after 32 years, got a 3 head Norelco corded shaver and a lil converter box for 220v when he traveled.
I remember when he was in the service he used a foil shaver for very close shave.

Speaking of fathers. My dad has used a badger brush and puck soap for as long as I can remember. He's been on blood thinners for decades though so he doesn't use a safety razor. Recently in his dementia, when he remembers to shave he just splashes some water on his face and goes at it.

Before going all electric twenty plus years back, I shaved daily with an old double safety razor with soap and brush (my Sheriff was a stickler on grooming, and I must admit I agreed; every one of us looked good, every day). I would make a single pass, with the blade never touching any area twice. If that didn't suffice, the blade was rotated or changed as needed. I was never bothered with cuts or irritation. I cringe watching fellas almost digging on their face, over and over, then wondering why the irritation?

For some reason my Ghoulfiend prefers me with a beard. I don't know how any woman can stand it if it is longer than a 5 o'clock shadow. When I do shave, I shave it all off as I don't like being called "Santa". I also, do not like any after-shave that has alcohol in it as it is cold and could sting a nick or scratch. Another reason is, one should not compete with a woman's scent! There is one item that seems to drive more than one woman I have known wild and that is Right Guard Deodorant. As a bar manager, my barmaids were so happy to come in to see me relieve them from their shifts and they got into the habit of hugging me, and when I raised my arms to hug them, the detected the RG Deodorant which apparently they liked very much. I don't like overpowering scents, except for the smell of some gunpowder, so the RG is subtle.

For some reason my Ghoulfiend prefers me with a beard. I don't know how any woman can stand it if it is longer than a 5 o'clock shadow. When I do shave, I shave it all off as I don't like being called "Santa". I also, do not like any after-shave that has alcohol in it as it is cold and could sting a nick or scratch. Another reason is, one should not compete with a woman's scent! There is one item that seems to drive more than one woman I have known wild and that is Right Guard Deodorant. As a bar manager, my barmaids were so happy to come in to see me relieve them from their shifts and they got into the habit of hugging me, and when I raised my arms to hug them, the detected the RG Deodorant which apparently they liked very much. I don't like overpowering scents, except for the smell of some gunpowder, so the RG is subtle.
One of my favorite scents is by a company called Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements. It’s called Tombstone. Top notes are gunpowder and leather. It’s very nice. Also I only like the ones with alcohol in them ( which is nearly all of them) and if they’re not cold enough I put menthol crystals in them to make them colder. And my wife rarely wears perfume and I only use aftershave splash right after a shave.

I do like what they call Barbershop scent and I regularly spend way too much money for the Shulton Old Spice, which is now made in India but is the original formula unlike the actual Old Spice made by Proctor and Gamble, which is crap. And I don’t mind Aqua Velva either.

As with anything, all things in moderation.

Back