testtest

Can guns be sexy?

Oh, definitely.

View attachment 10023
The P.08 Luger has got to br one of the sexiest guns ever made...
Agreed Hans. Spent over 2K for mine, but it was a "Black Widow" all matching numbers. Great shape & a beautiful work of art IMO.

59DB7E86-22C5-4651-BFF3-5E945A69C3B3.jpeg

I worked on my Colt for a little over 5 years. I truly think it's the AR15 I've wanted my whole life. It's much more reliable than most of the other chaotic things in my life. It's never let me down, never jammed, never misfired, never did anything except do exactly what it's designed to do, so yeah, I do find it a bit sexy..lol I've had several people tell me that I should go with an variable power optic over my Sig magnifier/Romeo 5XDR set up but I set this rifle up for me and me alone. I like everything about it. Of all my firearms, it's my favorite and always will be. My Colt represents hours and hours of my dad and I discussing how we'd set up our rifles if either of us ever had the money to buy one, which we both did eventually. It represents hours and hours of seeing the M16 on all sorts of military shows and movies and dreaming of having a rifle like that someday when I was a kid. Not just any rifle, but a genuine Colt. "This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine!".....lol

Attachments

• IMG_1849.jpg
    IMG_1849.jpg
    767.7 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1989.jpg
    IMG_1989.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
I worked on my Colt for a little over 5 years. I truly think it's the AR15 I've wanted my whole life. It's much more reliable than most of the other chaotic things in my life. It's never let me down, never jammed, never misfired, never did anything except do exactly what it's designed to do, so yeah, I do find it a bit sexy..lol I've had several people tell me that I should go with an variable power optic over my Sig magnifier/Romeo 5XDR set up but I set this rifle up for me and me alone. I like everything about it. Of all my firearms, it's my favorite and always will be. My Colt represents hours and hours of my dad and I discussing how we'd set up our rifles if we ever had the money to either of us buy one, which we both did eventually. It represents hours and hours of seeing the M16 on all sorts of military shows and movies and dreaming of having a rifle like that someday when I was a kid. Not just any rifle, but a genuine Colt. "This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine!".....lol

That's beautiful.

I worked on my Colt for a little over 5 years. I truly think it's the AR15 I've wanted my whole life. It's much more reliable than most of the other chaotic things in my life. It's never let me down, never jammed, never misfired, never did anything except do exactly what it's designed to do, so yeah, I do find it a bit sexy..lol I've had several people tell me that I should go with an variable power optic over my Sig magnifier/Romeo 5XDR set up but I set this rifle up for me and me alone. I like everything about it. Of all my firearms, it's my favorite and always will be. My Colt represents hours and hours of my dad and I discussing how we'd set up our rifles if either of us ever had the money to buy one, which we both did eventually. It represents hours and hours of seeing the M16 on all sorts of military shows and movies and dreaming of having a rifle like that someday when I was a kid. Not just any rifle, but a genuine Colt. "This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine!".....lol
"Full Metal Jacket", love the quote Ghost! Ah Colt, about the only major AR15 maker I don't own & I want one. Classic Firearms had a Colt upper that was going for well above $2K. The complete Colt AR's they started supplying again are well over 2K approaching 3K at some sites. I think I'll have to wait for my Colt. Nice looking Colt AR Ghost, a real Beauty. (y)

Thank you. Handed down from my father. He bought it new.
Mossberg sold them but they were made in Italy and badged for Mossberg. I never got a chance to visit the factory but had a video conference with there wood room engineer and I was able to give them some ideas on fixing the tooling problems they were having with the CNC programs they were using for the action cuts. The idea cut the scrap by 30%

"Full Metal Jacket", love the quote Ghost! Ah Colt, about the only major AR15 maker I don't own & I want one. Classic Firearms had a Colt upper that was going for well above $2K. The complete Colt AR's they started supplying again are well over 2K approaching 3K at some sites. I think I'll have to wait for my Colt. Nice looking Colt AR Ghost, a real Beauty. (y)
Thank you very much BET7. I did pay a hefty price for it back in 2015 but, like I said, I've always wanted a Colt rifle for as long as I can remember. It's a LE6920 SOCOM model, I paid right at $1600 but it was brand new, I've never regretted buying it. What's funny is, aside from the upper and lower, there's nothing left on the rifle that is made by Colt...lol. It looks nothing at all like it did out of the box...

Now my old man, if he was internet inclined, and was spouting his views on this thread, he'd tell everyone the only thing he'd do with a Colt is sell it and buy another Bushmaster AR15...lol. He's a complete and total Bushmaster fan when it comes to AR15s. We have some good natured, but very spirited debates on this topic...lol

1599923551170.png

Thank you very much BET7. I did pay a hefty price for it back in 2015 but, like I said, I've always wanted a Colt rifle for as long as I can remember. It's a LE6920 SOCOM model, I paid right at $1600 but it was brand new, I've never regretted buying it. What's funny is, aside from the upper and lower, there's nothing left on the rifle that is made by Colt...lol. It looks nothing at all like it did out of the box...

Now my old man, if he was internet inclined, and was spouting his views on this thread, he'd tell everyone the only thing he'd do with a Colt is sell it and buy another Bushmaster AR15...lol. He's a complete and total Bushmaster fan when it comes to AR15s. We have some good natured, but very spirited debates on this topic...lol

View attachment 10037
My first AR15 was a Bushmaster XM-15 ORC, so I'm set with that manufacture (if they will still even be around with the bankruptcy of Remington). My friend in NJ has a Colt AR15, maybe I can trade him something for it when NJ passes some tyrannical law to confiscate any and all AR15's (I'm glad I got out of that State when I did). 😠 :confused::sneaky:

My first AR15 was a Bushmaster XM-15 ORC, so I'm set with that manufacture (if they will still even be around with the bankruptcy of Remington). My friend in NJ has a Colt AR15, maybe I can trade him something for it when NJ passes some tyrannical law to confiscate any and all AR15's (I'm glad I got out of that State when I did). 😠 :confused::sneaky:
I have a Bushmaster XM-15 A3 in addition to my Colt. It’s an awesome rifle, I have it set up for distance shooting and it’s a tack driver at 100 yards, it’s sexy also!

Back