testtest

Car Folks and Gun Folks

Only got one gun

20230314_142348.jpg
I've always considered any man who has only one gun to be dangerous ... he probably knows how to use it!!!

My first car was a 1966 Mustang...notchback with a six and an automatic. My parents knew me too well! My dad got it when I was 14, so I would have it ready to drive when I was 16! He taught me a lot of lessons getting that car ready, and I for sure never wrecked it because I knew what it took to get on the road. When I was 17, he let me buy an MG because I wanted a convertible. Again, $275 of my own dollars and lots of sweat. Pretty smart of them actually. I was working to buy parts for that thing, or working on it. Kept me out of trouble. Really smart, in retrospect!

Attachments

• Sanding the MG.JPG resize.JPG
    Sanding the MG.JPG resize.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Eric with MG.JPG
    Eric with MG.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 18
  • MG Midget 2.jpg
    MG Midget 2.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 20
Always loved the look and feel of the early Mustangs. When I got out of college and got a suit and tie job, I was without adult supervision. As a result, lots of cars and bikes! Here is a fastback '67 Mustang with a warmed up 289 and three at the knee. Great around town car, always in the power band! Those with sharp eyes will spot the Dodge wheels. I was restoring a 1971 Dodge Challenger convertible with a 383 Magnum and a slap stick...the wheels got finished so I put them on the Mustang. Radials instead of Bias Ply! What a difference. Yes, that is my 66 Mustang ahead of it in the driveway. Like I said, no adult supervision.

Attachments

• IMG_E0250.JPG
    IMG_E0250.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
I'm a truck guy, but my first car was a '65 Pontiac Catilina 4 door. My parents gave it to me for my 11th birthday. It was a beater that still ran but was not worth much for a trade for my parents' new car. I grew up on a farm, and the rules were that I was only allowed to drive it out in the fields/pasture/woods, and NEVER take it out on the road. Well, my brother and I took it out on the roads a lot! lol The Dukes of Hazzard was the tv show back then. We destroyed that car within a couple of months using the farm tractor to build dirt ramps to jump the car. My last car was a SRT 8 Charger that my ex-wife got in the divorce many years ago. That car was fast, but I would never own a performance car living where I do with the conditions of the roads around here. More than once, I had to replace the ground effects on that car because of all the potholes in the city.

Might as well add me to the car guy crew. I spend way to much time working on my own vehicles.

First car was an 87 firebird. I still have it but I have to get around to an engine swap someday.
IMG_6607.jpeg

Also have a 68 Chevelle Malibu. Has been in the family since new. Pardon the condition in the picture. She looked like that when i got her from my brother and I have been slowly working her back up to road worthy.
IMG_6608.jpeg

Also stay busy with the wife’s and my daily drivers. Hers is a 01 wrangler sahara edition and mine is an 02 duramax.
IMG_6610.jpeg
IMG_6611.jpeg

Back