testtest

Chick-Fil-A And Repulsive Behavior

I absolutely can’t believe what I just saw on the news, Chick-Fil-A one of the most popular chicken fast food restaurants in the country has been sued for (hiring employees) to assist customers navigate their drive threw lanes and then instead of giving these (employees) a paycheck the company paid them in only food vouchers. 😡
What is wrong with these companies that believe they can do what they want and expect to get away with it.
Of course they have been ordered to pay the (employees) an actual paycheck and have been ordered to also pay a fine. Reprehensible.

At the current rate of inflation, the food vouchers are more valuable than federal reserve notes. I assume the employees took the deal voluntarily, so it was a mutually agreed upon arrangement.🤷‍♂️
The article says that the food vouchers for work trade off was a voluntary program. The Chic Fil-A corporate office is stating that this practice was not their policy.

I do know from experience that some franchise businesses can give you a completely different experience as with any franchise. Some negative some positive.

We can fault the main corporation for this and grab our pitchforks or we can also do some homework and see if this really is company policy or just a really crappy decision by poor management for this particular location.

Either way IMO volunteer work is just that and you choose to take this on at will. As for the underage workers using dangerous equipment in that facility, I feel the management should be held criminally responsible if something bad happend.

The article says that the food vouchers for work trade off was a voluntary program. The Chic Fil-A corporate office is stating that this practice was not their policy.

I do know from experience that some franchise businesses can give you a completely different experience as with any franchise. Some negative some positive.

We can fault the main corporation for this and grab our pitchforks or we can also do some homework and see if this really is company policy or just a really crappy decision by poor management for this particular location.

Either way IMO volunteer work is just that and you choose to take this on at will. As for the underage workers using dangerous equipment in that facility, I feel the management should be held criminally responsible if something bad happend.
Was it volunteer, though?

Or was it (a lot more likely) volunTOLD?

IMHO doesn't really matter if it was corporate policy or not, the deal was offered and accepted absent coercion. The employees that accepted it obviously felt they were receiving more value than they were giving up, otherwise they wouldn't have accepted it.

The federal government (re: Department of Labor) only gets upset about barter arrangements like this because it's more difficult for it to get its cut of the action.

As far as the issue of underage employees using hazardous equipment on the job, I agree with you, it should carry both civil and criminal liability.

If I had to guess “strongly encouraged” is how it was framed.
Based on the article:

"In July, the same Chick-Fil-A location faced stiff public backlash when it posted a request on social media for "volunteers" to work the restaurant’s new drive-thru express. The fast-food chicken restaurant promised food instead of monetary compensation."

That doesn't appear to be the case.

Franchise location..
I’m sure corp office is none to thrilled.

I’d say there is probably not a fast food chain out there that treats their employees properly or fairly.

Last edited:
Back