testtest

Daffy Zone…..

they are putting in fiber optic lines in our neighborhood
last week they blew through the water lines on my street and the one behind
water company marked the blue stripes where water lines "ARE"
crew drilled about 4 feet west of marks.....it was a mess as water spewed up all over.
repeat on next street.. our water company is run by monkeys and i say that not to degrade monkeys...but i have see footballs get better from monkeys than our water company
but at least we get high speed internet now...
Yep. If they’re 2’ off it’s on them. If we hit it within 2’ of their marks it’s on us.

In their defense a lot of water mains are ductile and there’s no way to hook on to them with a locator to find them so all they can do is go off measurements or “As builts”.

In reality it’s the fault of the fiber crews
( most of whom are South Americans) or more specifically their foreman. We use a hydro excavator to spot everything in the bore path. Then we can watch the drill go by it in the hole and make sure we don’t hit it. We never bore over something or past something without actually locating it. Especially water, electric or fiber.

The work I’ve been doing for the last 5 or 6 years rarely involves a bore rig. I cut most stuff in. I’ll dig over anything except fiber. Only because it’s the one thing they’ll fire you for if you hit it. It’s usually expensive if you do. I’m not afraid, I can feel a 3/4” lead water line. I don’t rip :poop: out.
I’ve dug over government fiber, including fiber drops to the FBI building downtown and an intercontinental government banking duct that runs to Germany. In both cases I had feds, AT&T and big bosses from here watching me. They didn’t like it when I joked, “ This thing is right in my way, I’m gonna rip it out and you can just fix it when I’m done”. 😂. I had to dig over those ducts 3 times on that job at different intersections and the deepest I found it was 16” under the asphalt. How stupid is that.

Last edited:
Yep. If they’re 2’ off it’s on them. If we hit it within 2’ of their marks it’s on us.

In their defense a lot of water mains are ductile and there’s no way to hook on to them with a locator to find them so all they can do is go off measurements or “As builts”.

In reality it’s the fault of the fiber crews
( most of whom are South Americans) or more specifically their foreman. We use a hydro excavator to spot everything in the bore path. Then we can watch the drill go by it in the hole and make sure we don’t hit it. We never bore over something or past something without actually locating it. Especially water, electric or fiber.

The work I’ve been doing for the last 5 or 6 years rarely involves a bore rig. I cut most stuff in. I’ll dig over anything except fiber. Only because it’s the one thing they’ll fire you for if you hit it. It’s usually expensive if you do. I’m not afraid, I can feel a 3/4” lead water line. I don’t rip :poop: out.
I’ve dug over government fiber, including fiber drops to the FBI building downtown and an intercontinental government banking duct that runs to Germany. In both cases I had feds, AT&T and big bosses from here watching me. They didn’t like it when I joked, “ This thing is right in my way, I’m gonna rip it out and you can just fix it when I’m done”. 😂. I had to dig over those ducts 3 times on that job at different intersections and the deepest I found it was 16” under the asphalt. How stupid is that.
i have been here since water and sewer were put in back 2006
the water lines crew looked like they were playing S down the street
water lines run up in my yard past easements on one end and down across the 20 foot easement to the road bed.
its crazy as you know what
sewer runs on back side of lots and its the same thing big giant S
i am worried as they put in the optic lines, but at my old connection point they have to burrow 40 or so feet between 2, 3" elec conduits, and one 1" water piper ..all in about 5 feet of easement.

i have been here since water and sewer were put in back 2006
the water lines crew looked like they were playing S down the street
water lines run up in my yard past easements on one end and down across the 20 foot easement to the road bed.
its crazy as you know what
sewer runs on back side of lots and its the same thing big giant S
i am worried as they put in the optic lines, but at my old connection point they have to burrow 40 or so feet between 2, 3" elec conduits, and one 1" water piper ..all in about 5 feet of easement.
Well you can relax brother. They sneak that flat fiber drop in about 6” deep, max.

calvin.jpg

Back