testtest

Daffy Zone…..

sorry @jumpinjoe , but it is a bonafide restaurant, and menu item...

CRABBY’S FAMOUS BALLS
Fried balls of crab with house-made Seaman Sauce
Six fer 12.95 .. Twelve fer $21.95

go to the menu, scroll down to the soups/salads and F'er sharing page...(page 2..??)

and it is after all...seaman......as in sailor..???
I know it's all bonafide menu items Old_Me, and my disdain was not directed at you by any means. It's a play on words as I often do, but it's just too much of a play as far as I'm concerned. If no one but adults were to ever see it, that's one thing bordering on 'adult humor' or 'adult entertainment'. But every child in that town, and every god fearing young and elderly person has to see it as well. I personally would not be offended, but I would feel empathy for everyone who would be offended. I would not want my grandma to see and read that. Hell, I wouldn't want my wife to see that. She's no prude, but again that sign is simply over the top in my opinion and bordering on vulgarity. I fully appreciate 'freedom of speech' and anyone who saw it and liked it or laughed at it is fine with me. I'm arguing for those who shouldn't have to see it. I don't know, maybe just me, but I can't condone that kind of stuff carried to that extent ... that ain't humor. Peace!

I know it's all bonafide menu items Old_Me, and my disdain was not directed at you by any means. It's a play on words as I often do, but it's just too much of a play as far as I'm concerned. If no one but adults were to ever see it, that's one thing bordering on 'adult humor' or 'adult entertainment'. But every child in that town, and every god fearing young and elderly person has to see it as well. I personally would not be offended, but I would feel empathy for everyone who would be offended. I would not want my grandma to see and read that. Hell, I wouldn't want my wife to see that. She's no prude, but again that sign is simply over the top in my opinion and bordering on vulgarity. I fully appreciate 'freedom of speech' and anyone who saw it and liked it or laughed at it is fine with me. I'm arguing for those who shouldn't have to see it. I don't know, maybe just me, but I can't condone that kind of stuff carried to that extent ... that ain't humor. Peace!
The city council and residents say otherwise as they approved the permits.
Not for or against. Just stating the facts.

And the men named Dick in this world, find that its just a name, not humor

The city council and residents say otherwise as they approved the permits.
Not for or against. Just stating the facts.

And the men named Dick in this world, find that its just a name, not humor
I know it likely had to have been approved by somebody, and I accept that. As I stated, maybe just me but this just seemed to be a little too much for general public. I think I even said I wasn't personally offended, it was just the heartfelt sadness for someone who is trying to explain it to an innocent 5-6 year old grand daughter. I just thought it was a little over the top, that's all. And I don't think I even mentioned the name, only the ad. "Crabby Dick's" is a perfectly OK title for the restaurant, not likely to offend anyone and easy enough to explain to the grand daughter. It's the man's name and it's his seafood restaurant. I don't mean to go on explaining myself, my vocabulary is not always sugar and spice. But I don't use that vocabulary in front of folks who I think would be offended, and if someone was, I'd apologize and not do it again. It's pretty hard to apologize for a street sign. Peace friend.

That's why they made signs --

1720871451064.png

I know it likely had to have been approved by somebody, and I accept that. As I stated, maybe just me but this just seemed to be a little too much for general public. I think I even said I wasn't personally offended, it was just the heartfelt sadness for someone who is trying to explain it to an innocent 5-6 year old grand daughter. I just thought it was a little over the top, that's all. And I don't think I even mentioned the name, only the ad. "Crabby Dick's" is a perfectly OK title for the restaurant, not likely to offend anyone and easy enough to explain to the grand daughter. It's the man's name and it's his seafood restaurant. I don't mean to go on explaining myself, my vocabulary is not always sugar and spice. But I don't use that vocabulary in front of folks who I think would be offended, and if someone was, I'd apologize and not do it again. It's pretty hard to apologize for a street sign. Peace friend.
Understood, but little kids wouldnt understand the innuendo, and if they did, that kid knows way more with that restaurant name being the least of the problems then😉

Back