testtest

Dodge trucks, never mind this RAM B.S.

As long as my fellow American gets a good income out of making stuff right here, I'm all good with it. btw- isn't it about time we brought back all the MX made autos to the states?
about time American companies STOPPED outsourcing American jobs.

with the huge profits they make, i think the board members can do with out new personal jets every year, or a chauffer for the chauffer, for the chauffer for the secretaries..

I've owned other brand trucks but the majority of my truck purchases have been Dodge/Ram.

I started with a 1967 Camper's Special with a 318 cu. in. V-8:

1967 Dodge truck.jpg

Then, it was a 1989 Power Ram with the 5.9L 360 cu. in. V-8:

1989 Dodge Ram.jpg

A Ford gasser & a GMC were purchased. I also purchased a project, that being a 1985 K5 Blazer. After a good experience with the Ford and a less than acceptable performance of the GMC, I went back to Ram. This time it was a 1999 Ram extended cab 1500 with the 318 cu. in. V-8:

01.jpg

^That^ was a good truck but I really needed more cab room so my next Ram was a 2007 MegaCab with the 5.7L HEMI. I modified the HECK outta this truck and it was a real road warrior.

15-24.jpg

I still miss that 2007. From there I purchased a 2014 Big Horn with the 6.4L HEMI. It got some mods too, but things didn't end well...

14 65.jpg

14 72 1.jpg

This is the last Ram I've purchased, a 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie with the 6.7L diesel I6:

20170721_104033.jpg

There's more to see of my fleet over the years but that's enough for now, right? :)

The Big 3 is really just the mediocre 2 now... MOPAR, FOMOCO and GM made really good and then pretty good trucks up until 2006 or thereabouts, and it's been a steady decline since then. I've never owned a big 3 truck but I had driven many of them and speak with friends & clients that own or owned them - the horror stories about the newer vehicles are real.

My trucks are all Toyota, made in Japan '96 T100, made in Indiana '02 Tundra and a made in Texas '07 Tundra. None have been perfect, but all have required far less repairs that their counterparts.

I started out driving a 1960 Mercury Comet with a 144 CID engine and a 2 speed transmission. It almost had enough power to get out of it's own way. Then I bought the famous 1968 Chevelle. Yes , the one that taught me how to cuss. Nice looking car and drove nice but anytime you were out driving and it started to rain , you were going to have trouble. Not while driving but when you stopped to go in the movie theater with your date. When you would come out , the car had drawn moister and wouldn't start.

I put different caps on the distributor ( 3) , 2 new distributors , 2 different brands of the latest , greatest plug wires , and even used 2 different brands of water proof spray on the wires and distributor. The inner fenders were there , nothing was missing.

It was always interesting to have to get under the hood , in my dress clothes ( since I was on a date ) , get greasy , while trying to dry out the ignition so we could go other places. <--- The reason I learned to cuss.

I swore when I got rid of that car I would never own another Chevy and never have. I have driven mostly fords with a couple Dodges thrown in. When it came to trucks , it has always been Fords.

Test - what happened to the big horn, obviously crash but - pole, tree, other vehicle?
trader... A fellow ran a red light doing about 35 or so and took the front end off the truck. That weird, dished dent in the hood was caused by a steel street light pole that I skidded into. The Ford was totally dead with an engine that had completely come loose from the frame. My Ram still ran but was leaking fluids from every orifice.

Funny thing happened near the end of the incident. As I was sitting off the side of the road, waiting for a tow truck, I got a warning ding, and a headlight icon lit up on the dash. The message was, "Headlight Out". LMAO!

They totaled the truck due to frame damage.

This article just kind of makes you wonder how we ever got by with Bias-ply tires , manual drum brakes that you had to manually adjust , and no power steering. 🤔
Cause people drive regular not like now a days crazy ass people drive too damn fast

This article just kind of makes you wonder how we ever got by with Bias-ply tires , manual drum brakes that you had to manually adjust , and no power steering. 🤔
Or how we ever bought a new car with 36 or sometimes even 48 month financing terms.

Back