testtest

Don’t Make This First-Time Gun Owner Mistake

Don’t get Anni started please
IMG_3011.gif

How in the heck can the NE be challenging for CC in the summer??

A balmy 84 degrees 🤣🤣🤣

Try Texas where you need to conceal carry around a Speedo because its 104 and 112 heat index
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Because if they're used to 80 deg , then 88 deg has them collapsing from heat exhaustion .

Kind of how people from New England chuckle at people from Texas and So Cal trying to cope with a frigid 45 deg in the winter .

"If you are not able to meet your expectations in practice because your pistol is uncomfortable to shoot, you will become discouraged and will never be able to be at your best." This is the EXACT reason I sold our Hellcat about two months after buying it. It was like shooting a little porcupine. I knew that, as much as I liked how it looked and as much as it fit the Kool-Aid I drank about needing a micro compact, I'd never devote time to shooting it.

Expensive lesson to learn, especially after I'd already tried the P365 and other micros and didn't like them, either. So, I still carry my Springfield XD Mod.2 subcompact. It's a little larger and a little heavier, but it's a double stack I can shoot well, even with the flush mag, and it conceals well enough. I practice (dry fire, live fire, drawing from concealment, etc.) and it doesn't wear me out. It's solid, fits me, and has been 100% reliable.

Since this is an article directed at new gun buyers, I'll share one thing I've learned. When I first started carrying, I was manic about printing. I'd look in the mirror and if I saw even a partial outline, I'd go put on something else that hid the complete firearm. That got to be a real pain. These days? I probably print a little from time to time, but through experience I discovered something magical: the great majority of people never even notice. And, the ones who do, are usually carrying themselves. The fact is, people aren't paying attention. They're immersed in their own little worlds and could generally care less unless you bust into Publix with an AR and start shooting up the place.

Don't get me wrong, I don't go around with a Desert Eagle on my hip, but a quality kydex IWB holster, a good belt, and a baggy t-shirt are just fine in the summer time. Come winter this year, I may even work on carrying my XDM Elite Tactical OSP. I'm thinking a tight OWB holster will work great while covered up by baggy layers and winter jackets!
I bought the Hellcat a while back. Did the Apex trigger job (PRO TIP if it has a safety...yeah disassemble in a bag small parts tend to jump) it really nice now. But that said the wifey hates it. I like it more than the 365 .

I agree with the Printing thing. VERY few people even check for that. LOL I was at an event suit/tie/etc. And I was carrying a VP30SK which is a bit wide. The only person who even noticed was a local cop. She walked up behind me and asked "Excuse me are you ...." I turned around she recognized me and apologized. But other than that I have never had an issue.

I bought the Hellcat a while back. Did the Apex trigger job (PRO TIP if it has a safety...yeah disassemble in a bag small parts tend to jump) it really nice now. But that said the wifey hates it. I like it more than the 365 .

I agree with the Printing thing. VERY few people even check for that. LOL I was at an event suit/tie/etc. And I was carrying a VP30SK which is a bit wide. The only person who even noticed was a local cop. She walked up behind me and asked "Excuse me are you ...." I turned around she recognized me and apologized. But other than that I have never had an issue.
I put an Apex 'upgrade' on a Swock (S&W) Sigma .40. Very reliable, accurate pistol ... but a trigger like a gas pump nozzle.
Installation was an exercise in humility. Finally got it done using a bamboo shish kebab skewer, following that with the pin.
It locked back after every shot for a while, now it cycles fine. I guess the trigger is better, but it pretty much lives in the dark now. Emo post, over & out

Nope. I was too busy keeping eyes on little springs and pins that wanted to spring and roll off the kitchen table. Sorry.
But the secret for me was keeping everything in place with the skewer, then slowly worrying it out with the pin provided.

Back