testtest

Echelon + RMR HD

fits well in my Red Hill Tactical holster

1725804625180.png

1725804642439.png

Got out to the range yesterday to zero the optic
1726427527604.png

when I first started it was WAY right (like off the paper too far right) but a few clicks later and I started being able to walk in the zero.
For zeroing purposes, I took off auto brightness and manually dialed the dot way down and after shooting a few more groups and I was starting to get good consistent hits so I called it a day.

This morning I headed out to the range bright and early to confirm zero and get some training in.

1726427817088.png

Using the T Rex Pistol Zero Target I shot a few groups at 10 yards, made a very minor adjustment to elevation and then was able to confirm the zero at 25 yards.
Overall, a pretty easy optic to zero.

After that, broke out a few USPSA targets and started running the gun to see how this combo does.
I have to say, I am VERY happy with this purchase and how it pairs with the Echelon.
The window size is it's biggest advantage as it is very easy to find the dot and while in recoil I can actually track the dot the entire time and get it right back on target for quick follow up shots.
on smaller optics like the Holosun 407k x2 I have on my Hellcat, I do lose the dot momentarily in recoil and have to reacquire it before taking follow ups. It's a minor difference but when you're shooting strings it does make a noticeable difference.

I put about 300 rounds through it today and have to say it ran great.
Also, zero signs of spent casings hitting the optic which is something I was concerned about but I'm happy to report it's a non-issue.

In 2 weeks I'm shooting an advanced pistol course with Kranz FTG in Dallas so I'm sure I'll have more to report at that time.

Oh and one final comment: the new forward facing sensor is a game changer for this optic's auto brightness feature. I'm usually not a fan of these things and just prefer to set the brightness myself but this sensor reads the light very well and makes quick adjustments. I like it so much I think I'm going to leave it on.

Back