testtest

Echelon with WML and red dot optic and failures with Urban Carry Holsters

Alpha
I recently ordered iwb and owb holsters for my Echelon 5.28 threaded barrel with wml and red dot optic. With the Echelon inserted properly in the holster there is no room for an optic. See the photo which shows NO cutout for the dot and you can see the optic plate cover has holster leather over the top. 20240415_163159.jpg

The young man at Urban Carry Holsters tells me it is the fault of the weapon as the optic sits ahead of the rear sites. Does he expect it behind the sites hanging in mid air.

It is Urban Carry Holsters Hyperion size 309. Urban Carry CS states 309 is for other guns as well. Which other optic ready pistol would fit in this 309 Urban Carry OWB. The CS kid seems to be lacking and doesn’t want to take the time and look at the holster picture and see that the holster has no cutout for the dot.

Attached as well is my Urban Carry iwb that the optic cutout is obvious.

20240416_132629.jpg

Am I wrong in thinking the Urban Carry OWB holster they sold me is actually a non optic holster?

Looking at your pics it is very likely that any pistol with an optic would push up against the sides of this holster at the very least. That being said if you are going to order a holster for a pistol with an optic you need to confirm that it will indeed take one. Even the make of optic can sometimes cause a problem. I have a couple of kydex “optic ready” holsters that I’ve had to modify because they obstructed the optic I was using. And yes, the optic wouldn’t go anywhere but in front of the rear sights. He may be suggesting that an optic that sits over the dovetail would have enough clearance - which is lame if that is the case.

Looking at your pics it is very likely that any pistol with an optic would push up against the sides of this holster at the very least. That being said if you are going to order a holster for a pistol with an optic you need to confirm that it will indeed take one. Even the make of optic can sometimes cause a problem. I have a couple of kydex “optic ready” holsters that I’ve had to modify because they obstructed the optic I was using. And yes, the optic wouldn’t go anywhere but in front of the rear sights. He may be suggesting that an optic that sits over the dovetail would have enough clearance - which is lame if that is the case.
I have a G32 that I had Battlewerx remove the rear dovetail and place optic cut over it. The Holosun SCS-MOS on that gun almost starts at very rear of slide. It would NOT fit in that holster. Send it back.

I have a G32 that I had Battlewerx remove the rear dovetail and place optic cut over it. The Holosun SCS-MOS on that gun almost starts at very rear of slide. It would NOT fit in that holster. Send it back.
Here is G32 with optic cut over dovetail and in a Kusiak Old Fashioned properly cut for normal optic with dovetail sight.

IMG_4494.jpeg

IMG_4495.jpeg

IMG_4496.jpeg

I recently ordered iwb and owb holsters for my Echelon 5.28 threaded barrel with wml and red dot optic. With the Echelon inserted properly in the holster there is no room for an optic. See the photo which shows NO cutout for the dot and you can see the optic plate cover has holster leather over the top. View attachment 60455

The young man at Urban Carry Holsters tells me it is the fault of the weapon as the optic sits ahead of the rear sites. Does he expect it behind the sites hanging in mid air.

It is Urban Carry Holsters Hyperion size 309. Urban Carry CS states 309 is for other guns as well. Which other optic ready pistol would fit in this 309 Urban Carry OWB. The CS kid seems to be lacking and doesn’t want to take the time and look at the holster picture and see that the holster has no cutout for the dot.

Attached as well is my Urban Carry iwb that the optic cutout is obvious.

View attachment 60456

Am I wrong in thinking the Urban Carry OWB holster they sold me is actually a non optic holster?
The 309 is the holster I bought for my old XDM. So I suspect you're right. But I haven't tried it with the Elite. I will when I get home. The 309 also fits the M&P 9.

Back