testtest

First Look: Springfield Armory Optics-Ready 1911 AOS Pistols

Well, optics are nice for some, but me personally can’t see having one on a self defense or CCW gun and having to depend on a battery, my Hellcat and XDm Elite Compact came with red dots, there still in the box…just not my thing, but those who like and want them, these are great options
Well, I am with you on not using them on my carry gun but do have optics on other pistols used for steel and other sporting games with the fellas.

I will watch these a while before buying. Have had two different AOS plates that refuse to stay tight plate to slide.

Prodigy model PH9119AOS
Production date per SA May 2024
Purchase date July 10 2024

One original non optic plate and one a14b. It acts as if the screws are too small or the holes in slide are too big. Screws spin in hole around 15ish in-lb. The outer most tip of thread on screw is shiney. Manual calls for 25 in-lb plate to slide. Original install was factory, a14b was with new screws sent by SA at no charge. SA warranty has it now. Waiting for answers now.

Plenty of voices on various sites have their theories, but I will wait to here from the horses mouth. I will post outcome later.

Back