testtest

Glock 17 Review: Best Full-Size 9mm?

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Well, I am not bias on this article, really, I’m not, but I am a Glock fan, is the G17 the best full size 9mm pistol, I would say no, to be honest, there’s a lot of great full size 9mm pistols, but this is a decent read.

I've not heard anyone say anything good about any Glock OEM trigger. Author kind of glossed over his own trigger upgrade. I grab a Glock every trip to the store, but gosh they just don't feel very good to me...The article was the first time I've read anyone say the Glock ergos are good for small-handed shooters...I've read the opposite is true. Beauty is in the eye of the (sponsored) beholder...

Ok, I could throw these in myself since I have them, Sig M17, H&K VP9, and the Canik Revival, which I am deeply looking into one, Springfield XDm…..
I thought you were a stand up guy and would be on the right track about other quality guns other than glock ….😝
Then
You
Added

Canik 🤮🤮🤮🤮

1655380659997.jpeg

I have an issue with the aesthetics, specifically the 2x4 appearance of the slide. I don't like bumps on the grips, but see the gen 5 has eliminated them. I don't hate them, but they don't speak to me either.
The Gen5 triggers are smoother then previous generations, my G19 and G17, both Gen5’s are great, plus on these they removed the finger grooves.

what i did for my G-17, was, i took one of the extra backstraps, and cut it in half, and installed it. this (for me) makes the grip a bit more straight, rather than that deeper curve, up to the beaver tail.

been no problem for me to hold, aim, and shoot.

1655415912880.png

Polymer striker?

Best is the HK VP9, with the Walther PPQ a close second.

But the G17 is a pretty solid third place contender.
This. Though I haven't tried a PPQ, but I do have a PPQ Q5 Match. I give the trigger on the Walther a (very) slight edge over the VP9, but everything else about the HK is superior for me personally. Taken as a whole and particularly for a self defense weapon I go VP9.

Back