testtest

Hellcat OSP - Worst Gun I Have Owned in 67 years of Shooting

A short ways into his diatribe, he says
“ The problem was an ejector which was frozen in place. ”

I’ll have to beg forgiveness since I haven’t been “shooting for 67 yrs” since i was 8, but can someone explain the ejector being frozen in place to me ??
I'll give it a go (wink) it's the 3rd man in the Russian turret frozen in fear when he realizes this system is about to go off https://en.defence-ua.com/industrie...not_enough_lets_try_it_with_people-10744.html enjoy!!

A short ways into his diatribe, he says
“ The problem was an ejector which was frozen in place. ”

I’ll have to beg forgiveness since I haven’t been “shooting for 67 yrs” since i was 8, but can someone explain the ejector being frozen in place to me ??
Well, I imagine if you misuse the loctite and get it in the extractor you could freeze it in place, or if you don’t clean your gun for 2-3000 rounds…either might prevent extractor from moving.

I think u misunderstood, Lab.
He said “ejector”

😉
lol, probably shouldn’t skim read so quickly. That study pointing out you can read an entire page of misspelled words as if they weren’t is no joke! With all the new gun owners, wouldn’t surprise me a bit to see all the parts renamed…

Slide = pushy pulley thingy
Barrel = bullet flyer tube
Grip = handle
Trigger = squeeze lever
Magazine release = clip remover

Feel free to add your own!

I have been shooting since I was eight years old, enjoy all types of firearms, am an NRA Training Counselor in multiple disciplines, including being an "NRA Advanced Certified Pistol" Instructor. Having read great reviews about the Hellcat I purchased a Hellcat OSP and heade3d to the Range. Fortunately my habit is to bring multiple firearms to the range as after painfully wrestling cartridges into a Hellcat magazine I stepped to the line, but did not shoot as the firearm did not go into battery. The problem was an ejector which was frozen in place. Working on that issue I noticed the inscription on the firearm that indicated that it was made in Croatia. Back in the mid 1980's Riuger came out with the P-85, evidently in their desire to get in on the 9mm caliber frenzy, as a Gun Writer friend of mine once said, that gun was not one of Bill Ruger's best ideas. Ruger had a massive recall on the P-85, customers merely needed to contact Ruger and they sent aq box to use to return the gun for upgrade, no need for customers to go out and locate a company to ship the firearm for repair. AND, OF COURSE, THE GUN WAS PROMPTLY RETURNED. I contacted Springfield regarding my Hellcat and they told me that I could ship it top to them, but I really do not have time to go out and drive a bunch of miles and pay to ship the firearm. I have a lot of experience working of firearms, so ordered an upgraded take down lever, extractor and extractor components from Apex Tactical. Getting into the extractor replacement I found that the parts, extractor and components, were locked in place by a light blue solid. Armed with hand tools I eventually was able to get the parts freed from the blue solid material, but it was quite a struggle, even with liberal amounts of CLP cleaner.
It bothers me that the Hellcat is primarily presented as an every day carry and backup gun, it is a pain to load the magazines and a company that does not function test a pistol to make sure that it can go into battery should perhaps reconsider their product line and perhaps start making dishwashers or vacuum cleaners, things that, if they fail to work do not endanger the life of the user.

1723428620637.png

lol, probably shouldn’t skim read so quickly. That study pointing out you can read an entire page of misspelled words as if they weren’t is no joke! With all the new gun owners, wouldn’t surprise me a bit to see all the parts renamed…

Slide = pushy pulley thingy
Barrel = bullet flyer tube
Grip = handle
Trigger = squeeze lever
Magazine release = clip remover

Feel free to add your own!
According to my ex, those are all called “thingies” ( 🙄 )
Super easy, dude. Ask her anything, lol !

True story. 2015, bought Dan Wesson Guardian new, .38 Super. Took it to range, could not get one magazine through without failure to feed jams. Kept trying. Round got jammed so bad I couldn’t manipulate slide and I had to have range armorer help me clear it…he used a mallet. Got on DW sight and asked for thoughts…most said send sent it back, so I did. DW paid both way shipping. They had to recut feed ramp, polish, and replace the barrel link with a different size. Never had another problem…well, front sight did fall out, but range armorer repinned the sight and all was good. Gun had over 2500 trouble free rounds when I traded it. Most manufacturers are more than willing to help as the few bucks in shipping and repairs far outweighs bad PR!
i should'a got on the s/w site and b'n m'd about the 5.7 m&p, but in the end it was may fault and runs fine now...........as for glock goes........well you know it's like vegas. don't ask don't tell ;) ;)🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

One thing I learned is if you buy enough guns sooner or later you will get a "lemon". Had a Wilson Combat CQB w issues right out of the box sent it back less than a week later back to me along with some "extras" for my troubles. Had a S&W M&P Metal after a day of shooting went to break it down and a spring fell out sent back to Smith week later back also w some "extras" for my troubles. Now the Sa-35 was a whole different saga I went through. To me it's how a company deals with the issue. But again buy enough of em sooner or later you may get a "LEMON". Just my two cents.

One thing I learned is if you buy enough guns sooner or later you will get a "lemon". Had a Wilson Combat CQB w issues right out of the box sent it back less than a week later back to me along with some "extras" for my troubles. Had a S&W M&P Metal after a day of shooting went to break it down and a spring fell out sent back to Smith week later back also w some "extras" for my troubles. Now the Sa-35 was a whole different saga I went through. To me it's how a company deals with the issue. But again buy enough of em sooner or later you may get a "LEMON". Just my two cents.
which metal version was/is it? i've been thinking about the 40s/w in metal

Back