testtest

Hellcat Pro Broken

There is probably a reason for the hole and it has to be there. That doesn't necessarily make it weaker, but it will be the stress riser so that when it finally breaks, its going to break there. If they designed different so no hole was there, the striker could still break just a little later and in different spots...

The metal, its strength and final finishing steps can make a huge difference, stress relieving the hole can make a world of difference as well. So I wouldn't get to worked up about the hole.

With amount usage you're putting on this pistol, are you sure you don't want to order a 2nd one to have a spare on hand?
i have seen strikers where the firing pins break off, (at the tip to the main body/shaft) , in several web sites.

my thoughts are maybe not a long enough heat treating process, or not the correct amount of "ingredients" in the mix to even make the strikers.

that would have led to a "bad batch" being used in hundreds if not thousands of guns, until this problem was discovered?

also, again, to beat a dead horse, dry firing way too much, with out snap caps, or replacement caps often enough?

as for that hole in the striker, do we know who wanted that there?? for instance, the Hellcat and the other gun (the XD..??, if i recall) are not made in the states, so did the gun maker always do this, or did S/A tell them to???. is it "normal" for gun parts made in other countries to have such specs? and what is the bottom line for doing so?

i recall seeing the back side of the breech face destroyed by constant dry firing with out snap caps.

here is only 1 that i could find right now

breach-face-jpg.14617

Just got the new Titanium Performance Striker kit from Mcarbo in. The Striker, spring, sleeve and cups comes all assembled already. Kit also contains a softer safety and sear spring. Installed every thing very quick and easy. The click is way more quite, trigger press is way way more smooth, wall is way nicer and break is very nice. Only dry fired it with snap caps so far. Dropped a laser cartridge in for one shot, just to see if everything is good to go and it looks like it is. I hope to hit the rang tomorrow.
In this shot you can see the titanium sleeve post at the rear. That is usually some plastic thing.

Attachments

• 20230105_162951.jpg
    20230105_162951.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 86
  • 20230105_164306.jpg
    20230105_164306.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
Just got the new Titanium Performance Striker kit from Mcarbo in. The Striker, spring, sleeve and cups comes all assembled already. Kit also contains a softer safety and sear spring. Installed every thing very quick and easy. The click is way more quite, trigger press is way way more smooth, wall is way nicer and break is very nice. Only dry fired it with snap caps so far. Dropped a laser cartridge in for one shot, just to see if everything is good to go and it looks like it is. I hope to hit the rang tomorrow.
In this shot you can see the titanium sleeve post at the rear. That is usually some plastic thing.
you're going to see, and feel a much better Hellcat, like i did, and i also had the MCarbo trigger installed.

you're going to see, and feel a much better Hellcat, like i did, and i also had the MCarbo trigger installed.
I hope so. I'm holding off on the trigger till I shoot this some. It's so soft and smooth now. I do like a touch hard wall at the moment. We will see how it goes. There is no red dot movement now after the trigger press.

Last edited:
Back