testtest

Jeep Wrangler 2025

trader

Professional
We have to get to the range, shooting show, store, hunting trip and more with a vehicle.

Had a wrangler back in the day for a while. Found them to be noisy, service heavy, some rust issues and disgraceful on fuel usage.

here is the latest lineup - note prices are still astronomical for the top end models details listed from car and driver

and the V-8 is only up on that model

1727106277576.png

One guy I visited had the jeep truck model. I was there to talk about other business with him but he tried to sell me the jeep on the spot. He paid a fair bit and said it wasn't a real pickup, or a real jeep etc. Offered me to take it off his hands for 20 k less than he paid new for it six months earlier. I took a long look at it inside and out, specs etc and turned him down. I think the little ones are fun and still somewhat affordable but the usefulness is lacking.

I have had a 2020 JEEP Grand Cherokee Trailhawk since new (built three weeks before I drove it off the lot). I have had zero issues with it, though granted I don’t 4W it. It’s probably my last vehicle as I’m 66 and it has a bit over 5k miles on it…unless someone totals it like they did my 4Runner back in 2017. Granted a Grand Cherokee isn’t a Wrangler, but same company.

I always wanted a JEEP Wrangler, but it’s impossible to find a 2D model with decent trim and not stupidly priced like the Rubicon model. And to me, the 4D Wranglers look ridiculous (why I went with the Grand Cherokee Trailhawk). Don’t even get me started on JEEPs pick up truck monstrosity.

Shrug…If I happened to come across a decently priced NEW 2D Wranger I might talk myself into it…but not even close to actively seeking one anymore. With the limited driving I do these days, I wouldn’t have to deal with road noise, comfort, rigidity, etc., enough to even care.

I have had a 2020 JEEP Grand Cherokee Trailhawk since new (built three weeks before I drove it off the lot). I have had zero issues with it, though granted I don’t 4W it. It’s probably my last vehicle as I’m 66 and it has a bit over 5k miles on it…unless someone totals it like they did my 4Runner back in 2017. Granted a Grand Cherokee isn’t a Wrangler, but same company.

I always wanted a JEEP Wrangler, but it’s impossible to find a 2D model with decent trim and not stupidly priced like the Rubicon model. And to me, the 4D Wranglers look ridiculous (why I went with the Grand Cherokee Trailhawk). Don’t even get me started on JEEPs pick up truck monstrosity.

Shrug…If I happened to come across a decently priced NEW 2D Wranger I might talk myself into it…but not even close to actively seeking one anymore. With the limited driving I do these days, I wouldn’t have to deal with road noise, comfort, rigidity, etc., enough to even care.
My father’s 2021 GC Trailhawk has had air suspension issues non stop.
He’s about done with the ride and car only has 6,000 ish miles on it .
He’s giving it to my brother and he wants a new car

I’ve had Jeeps for decades (real Jeeps with two doors). Traded off my last one three weeks ago. Frankly they are grossly overpriced for what you are getting. They ride like crap, handle like a pig on skates, drink fuel like there’s a hole in the tank (though my last one would get about 22 mpg’s -2.0 with 8 Sp auto). Top all that off with mediocre build quality and you’ll find they are NOT for everyone. I’ve had them since my 1980 Scout wore out in early 90’s. The one I just sold will be my last. Too many compromises and too little practicality (though I would buy a new late 90’s TJ if such a thing existed). I’ll use my old Yamaha Rhino for off road if I need to, I can haul it behind the truck and it’ll go places no Jeep will ever go because they’re too big.

Last jeep my wife had was a 2013 Compass, only it was just FWD, drove it till she got her 2022 Trax, only issue with the jeep was the passenger side rear hub bearing went bad, but on that model it was a known issue, ran great, decent mileage, had more options the Carter’s Liver pills. But the new Jeeps, didn’t care for and they are priced way too high……never thought I should have got a Buick…..🤣🤣🤣🤣

I owned a 1983 (or thereabouts), CJ7 Laredo that I put a 6' plow on. At about 50K mile or less, dealer said it needed a new crankshaft. After a little bit over 100K I sold it after I just replaced the transmission (3rd one counting the one that came with it), and after trading it in for a 93 GMC Sierra, the dealer in Virginia that got it called and asked how I was able to get over a 100K miles on it :rolleyes:. I sent all the repair records I had on it down to him, which they gratefully paid shipping cost for.
My former BIL was a Jeep fanatic, he even owned the CJ8 Scrambler pickup truck. He thinks my transmissions went south because I had the 6 cylinder engine (same engine as the AMC Gremlin) in it versus the 4 cylinder he claimed were more problem free (I did talk to a girl that owned the 4 cylinder version and hers had a bunch of miles and was trouble free so who knows).
I will say that this jeep's 4x4 was excellent, along with the minor inconvenience of having to flip the front hubs before engaging the 4x4 stick lever. But all in all, I don't think I'd ever buy another, and to make matters worse, my mechanic also thanked me for putting his daughter through college :LOL::LOL:

My father’s 2021 GC Trailhawk has had air suspension issues non stop.
He’s about done with the ride and car only has 6,000 ish miles on it .
He’s giving it to my brother and he wants a new car
Guess I got lucky, mine still goes into aerodynamic mode when I hit the appropriate speed and when I come to a stop you can still visibly see the front end come up. I don’t mess with it just to get in and out - still pretty flexible for my age so no issues getting in and out without lowering it.

But I get it, just like guns because one person never had issues with a model doesn’t mean others haven’t. I’d imagine I could post a long list of every make/model vehicle I’ve owned since the mid 70s and there will be reports of issues with every single one of them by someone…

Back