testtest

Kimber and Springfield 1911s…

Springfield is discontinuing A LOT of 1911 Models.

With the TRP and the Mil-spec stainless going away, the only option left for a stainless 1911 from Springfield is the Garrison or a CA compliant version before they disappear. With the 2-1 removal from the CA roster, that won't be long. Very disappointed.

With the TRP and the Mil-spec stainless going away, the only option left for a stainless 1911 from Springfield is the Garrison or a CA compliant version before they disappear. With the 2-1 removal from the CA roster, that won't be long. Very disappointed.

I think it would have been easier if they just listed the 1911's they're NOT discontinuing.

Just bought a stainless Kimber Raptor and another stainless Springfield Loaded. Glutton for punishment I tell ya 😉. Both used, both in great shape. Both $400 or more less than a new one. The Raptor looks new. The Loaded has a couple very small nics but nothing to cry about. Probably 90% or better by the pics.

Pics of the two I just bought
7922D6B2-15F6-4747-B86F-E95778577134.jpeg

B2BE1080-EB4C-4DC2-AD57-D34CB147A8A1.jpeg

6D5BC048-6DA6-4014-AB5D-2C3DD36F5715.jpeg

E677E7C4-2217-4936-81B8-E19AE29A7FF0.jpeg

3415E64A-89B8-4321-BEEA-257F74079E1E.jpeg

3ED556F7-31CF-46B2-9AE1-A8EE2131D248.jpeg

Id have to look but I believe they still do.

Edit: https://www.springfield-armory.com/...r-legacy-series-1911-mil-spec-45-acp-handgun/

Guess it’s not 100%
SA uses the name "mil-spec" for marketing that 1911 model, but it has several features that are not "mil-spec" as per the WW2 1911A1.

The features that are not "mil-spec" compared to the original are the sights, barrel & bushing, no lanyard loop on the mainspring-housing, and the enlarged ejection port.

They used to make an authetic "mil-spec" a few years ago but right now, only Auto Ordnance (USA) and SDS (Turkey) make an authetic replica.

i had to send my Kimber back to them, down there in Troy, AL.

it was giving me problems, which i did not appreciate.

only has like 425 rounds (i keep a log book on that, and cleanings)

the trigger was locking up, the slide was locking up, and would not move back or forth

i sent it down there last week in fact, via UPS, they got it last Friday, 2 day air

and it got shipped right back to my house, someone here had to sign for it.

free shipping, to and fro...i just had to buy a shipping box, at $7.99

got it today, would have been yesterday, but "weather conditions" prevented that, so said UPS

here is what the gunsmith did;

1) installed new slide stop

2) fit new trigger

3) adjusted the extractor

4) polished the feed ramp, breech face, and firing pin housing

5) reamed chamber and refinished barrel

6) test fired with 4 mags of American Eagle 230 gr, FMJ

7) inspected by QC

8) cleaned and lubed. and it IS clean and lubed too.!!

all under warranty

if i get to the range Monday, i'll try it out.

i LOVE all my 1911's, and i'd have hated to get rid of this one, it's my only Kimber for now.

actually, i thought the Schwartz safety was the problem, guess it wasn't.

Last edited:
i had to send my Kimber back to them, down there in Troy, AL.

it was giving me problems, which i did not appreciate.

only has like 425 rounds (i keep a log book on that, and cleanings)

the trigger was locking up, the slide was locking up, and would not move back or forth

i sent it down there last week in fact, via UPS, they got it last Friday, 2 day air

and it got shipped right back to my house, someone here had to sign for it.

free shipping, to and fro...i just had to buy a shipping box, at $7.99

got it today, would have been yesterday, but "weather conditions" prevented that, so said UPS

here is what the gunsmith did;

1) installed new slide stop

2) fit new trigger

3) adjusted the extractor

4) polished the feed ramp, breech face, and firing pin housing

5) reamed chamber and refinished barrel

6) test fired with 4 mags of American Eagle 230 gr, FMJ

7) inspected by QC

8) cleaned and lubed. and it IS clean and lubed too.!!

all under warranty

if i get to the range Monday, i'll try it out.

i LOVE all my 1911's, and i'd have hated to get rid of this one, it's my only Kimber for now.

actually, i thought the Schwartz safety was the problem, guess it wasn't.
Glad to know they took care of it. The proof will be in the pudding at the range so keep us informed.

Got some new grips in for my Metro Arms American Classic II's. I have a third Metro in 10mm that arrived at the FFL today, got a set of these for it too. I have a Kimber Raptor coming tomorrow and another Springfield Loaded expected on Monday so I will wait until Monday to pick them all up at once.

My Holy Smokers

Photograph Green Air gun Trigger Line

Trigger Air gun Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

A before and after pic
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry

Got some new grips in for my Metro Arms American Classic II's. I have a third Metro in 10mm that arrived at the FFL today, got a set of these for it too. I have a Kimber Raptor coming tomorrow and another Springfield Loaded expected on Monday so I will wait until Monday to pick them all up at once.

My Holy Smokers

Photograph Green Air gun Trigger Line

Trigger Air gun Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

A before and after pic
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry
I still say you got way to many 1911’s, you need help, I’m here…..😬😬😬😬

Back