testtest

LOVED MY HARLEY!

rcurtner

Professional
_MG_0764.jpeg

Me on my 2001 HD Fatboy, a long time ago.

We had a Street Glide Special a while back, but hubby's knees couldn't take it anymore, so we replaced it with this..

View attachment 58528
I bet your husband hated having to quit riding his Harley. That's a nice 4 wheeler. I had a serious back injury, couldn't hardly get mine off the kick stand much less picking it from the ground. In 2016 sold the Harley purchased a Can-Am Spyder F3S three wheeler. Unfortunately more medical issues stopped me from riding altogether. Think I have a selfie of me with the Spyder, I'll check.

I loved my Sportster. Right up to the point it tried to kill me. About 14 years ago I got the idea I wanted a big Harley, which made Mrs Greener exceptionally nervous. I told her I was either going to get a Harley, or a Krieghoff shotgun. She said I think you should get the Krieghoff. And that, my friends, is how you get yourself a Krieghoff.

I loved my Sportster. Right up to the point it tried to kill me. About 14 years ago I got the idea I wanted a big Harley, which made Mrs Greener exceptionally nervous. I told her I was either going to get a Harley, or a Krieghoff shotgun. She said I think you should get the Krieghoff. And that, my friends, is how you get yourself a Krieghoff.
Thats a good story. My wife wasn't too crazy about me riding motorcycles. I enjoyed my Sportster but the buzz in the mirrors and me was not too pleasant on longer trips.

actually my first one was a old cushman that somebody had chopped. they give it to me. i had to get the old cast iron engine running. i was 12 i guess. first serious one was a 60something 150 honda. it ran good even though it had a ton of miles on it. i bought it using paper route money.
This was my last bike, I sold it because of the nuts on the road.

View attachment 58538
Good looking bike. Those in-line 4's were bad ass. Nearly broke my neck on a buddy's 750, it did a wheelie when I wasn't expecting it.

Hi,

This is me headed up the road to the Palomar Observatory. I used to ride a lot.

1716498632555.png

I do have a picture of me on a Harley somewhere around here but I can't find it. Oh well. Oops, search just found it. A co-worker let me ride hers at my retirement party a couple years ago.

1716499557315.png

I love motorcycles. But I don't ride any more. Not that I don't want to, even after they put me in the hospital twice. I just have to choose my hobbies wisely. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

This is me headed up the road to the Palomar Observatory. I used to ride a lot.

View attachment 58537

I do have a picture of me on a Harley somewhere around here but I can't find it. Oh well. Oops, search just found it. A co-worker let me ride hers at my retirement party a couple years ago.

View attachment 58549

I love motorcycles. But I don't ride any more. Not that I don't want to, even after they put me in the hospital twice. I just have to choose my hobbies wisely. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
Good looking bike and photos. My last PD used Kawasaki 1000 Police models. They were fast but didn't handle all that well at high speeds. The scariest bike I ever rode was a Kawasaki 500 Triple 2 stroke. I think you hit the power curve at around 5000-6000 rpm and you had better be holding on. Yeah I hated not riding anymore but I had to face the music.

These are my current two, a 2005 Kawasaki nomad and 2010 Goldwing. i bought the nomad to ride to work, diesel was eating my pocketbook up. my wife used to like to ride before her dementia but the nomads seat was too uncomfortable on long rides and i can see that it probably was. so i kept it to ride to work. rode it year round even in winter. it has 67'000 on it now. still runs like a new one.

I tried to buy a Harley electra glide before the wing. At that time people were buying bikes that never even sat on one before and buy harleys cause they thought it was cool to have one. most bought them and never rode them. anyway i went to the harley dealer and had one picked out and had to go find someone to wait on me. so i ask this guy i want this bike, how much ya'll take cash money. he said the price is on it, i said i see that what will you take for it? that's it partner, if you don't buy it at that somebody will. i said i never paid sticker for anything and not about to start.

sadly he is right, someone will pay that. anyway i went to Honda and guy came up to me and ask if i need help. told him what i was looking for and he said, think i can save you a lot of money. he said follow me. now this was a huge dealer. he walked me out in another building where bikes were stacked to the ceiling. this was a 2 year old wing still in the crate. he made me a price and i compared it to a new 2012 and i bought it.

SANY1670_zpse7ee79ae.jpg

SANY5143.JPG

These are my current two, a 2005 Kawasaki nomad and 2010 Goldwing. i bought the nomad to ride to work, diesel was eating my pocketbook up. my wife used to like to ride before her dementia but the nomads seat was too uncomfortable on long rides and i can see that it probably was. so i kept it to ride to work. rode it year round even in winter. it has 67'000 on it now. still runs like a new one.

I tried to buy a Harley electra glide before the wing. At that time people were buying bikes that never even sat on one before and buy harleys cause they thought it was cool to have one. most bought them and never rode them. anyway i went to the harley dealer and had one picked out and had to go find someone to wait on me. so i ask this guy i want this bike, how much ya'll take cash money. he said the price is on it, i said i see that what will you take for it? that's it partner, if you don't buy it at that somebody will. i said i never paid sticker for anything and not about to start.

sadly he is right, someone will pay that. anyway i went to Honda and guy came up to me and ask if i need help. told him what i was looking for and he said, think i can save you a lot of money. he said follow me. now this was a huge dealer. he walked me out in another building where bikes were stacked to the ceiling. this was a 2 year old wing still in the crate. he made me a price and i compared it to a new 2012 and i bought it.

SANY1670_zpse7ee79ae.jpg

View attachment 58553

Belt Fed you know how to ride in style.

Back