testtest

Open carry

Soo… here we go.
I’ll set the stage.

At a very large truck stop in rural America. Road trip home with wife. Get gas. We are going to go inside for the Loo and snacks.

As we walk to the door, man in front of me is open carry. Looks like a Ruger. No retention holster. Loose fit, holster slides around just a tad . Whole set up in plain view. Gent has tucked in shirt. Cheap rig.

Wife looks as me and gives the “he has a gun” whisper. Yep, I say.

She knows I’m carrying conceal.

He goes same area as us. Opens cooler doors for a Coke , leans over to grab a snack, usual gas station stuff.
Well, we get into the check out line and he is in front of me.
Wife says to me quietly, but not quietly enough, “would you carry open?”

Nope, I say. And state so he can hear me.. semi quietly, “honey, Someone could have grabbed that loose gun from the junk holster about 7 times when they were occupied with the coke door, the snickers selection and everything else and used it against him and the patrons”

The old man in line #2 next to me nodded and smiled, and the open carry dude turned around with a dumbfounded look.
Old man on #2 said to him ..” he’s absolutely right, and you would have been my first shot”😆

There ya have it folks..

If you’re going to carry, even open.
Get proper equipment for gods sake
I wouldn't carry open if I could. Right now GOA suing FL for open vs. permitless concealed. I don't care to make myself a target.

Open carry woods, waters, and fields, CC everywhere else. I'm certainly not going to comment in pubic on how someone else dose something and draw attention to them. What this country needs is a large dose of mind your own business.
That ship has sailed. Minding everybody else’s business is practically a national pastime. That and sharing every minor detail of one’s life. Peculiarly American.

Yep, if I have to pull it in public, let it be a terrible surprise
IMG_2845.jpeg

One thing to consider in Florida where open carry is being hotly discussed and a suit has been brought in federal court. Florida law provides that property owners can prohibit carrying of firearms on their premises. Posted signs have no force of law and you can ignore them, unless its one of those places otherwise prohibited by law. I walk past those signs often while ccw. But if the property owner knows you are armed, they can tell you to leave, and if you fail to do so you are tresspassing. As a practical matter, I suspect if you walk around strapped like Matt Dillon, there are a number of businesses that will stop you at the door and tell you to leave. Who needs that aggravation?

Soo… here we go.
I’ll set the stage.

At a very large truck stop in rural America. Road trip home with wife. Get gas. We are going to go inside for the Loo and snacks.

As we walk to the door, man in front of me is open carry. Looks like a Ruger. No retention holster. Loose fit, holster slides around just a tad . Whole set up in plain view. Gent has tucked in shirt. Cheap rig.

Wife looks as me and gives the “he has a gun” whisper. Yep, I say.

She knows I’m carrying conceal.

He goes same area as us. Opens cooler doors for a Coke , leans over to grab a snack, usual gas station stuff.
Well, we get into the check out line and he is in front of me.
Wife says to me quietly, but not quietly enough, “would you carry open?”

Nope, I say. And state so he can hear me.. semi quietly, “honey, Someone could have grabbed that loose gun from the junk holster about 7 times when they were occupied with the coke door, the snickers selection and everything else and used it against him and the patrons”

The old man in line #2 next to me nodded and smiled, and the open carry dude turned around with a dumbfounded look.
Old man on #2 said to him ..” he’s absolutely right, and you would have been my first shot”😆

There ya have it folks..

If you’re going to carry, even open.
Get proper equipment for gods sake
even though you were at a truck stop, no way to know if that guy was a trucker or not. could have been a local yocal..

but i will add this, many times truckers do carry, open to show that he means business and if you screw with him, he's gonna draw on you, due to mostly what he has for cargo, and then, the lack of brains.

if a trucker knows the ccw laws of all lower 48 states, he thinks he's "in the clear" to carry, and will do so...i have not only heard but seen many a dumbass truckers open carry, especially "Mexican style"....

so many are blowhards, and talk the talk of being tough and all knowing, and the one that always got me was..."i have a federal carry permit, the gov'ner himself gave me"

there is no "Federal carry permit".....but, they "know it all"

if ever again at a truckstop, or travel plaza as they are referred to in all reality now, just "assume" it is indeed a know it all trucker, that talks the talk, but can't walk and chew gum or draw on you all at once, and stay clear.

i should also point out that on average..??

NO trucking company allows any sort of gun in a company truck, but an owner operator can do as he pleases.....until he gets pulled into a DOT scale and gets a search, for what ever reason the DOT choose to do so.

as for the company driver?

that usually amounts to an immediate firing.

even though you were at a truck stop, no way to know if that guy was a trucker or not. could have been a local yocal..

but i will add this, many times truckers do carry, open to show that he means business and if you screw with him, he's gonna draw on you, due to mostly what he has for cargo, and then, the lack of brains.

if a trucker knows the ccw laws of all lower 48 states, he thinks he's "in the clear" to carry, and will do so...i have not only heard but seen many a dumbass truckers open carry, especially "Mexican style"....

so many are blowhards, and talk the talk of being tough and all knowing, and the one that always got me was..."i have a federal carry permit, the gov'ner himself gave me"

if ever again at a truckstop, or travel plaza as they are referred to in all reality now, just "assume" it is indeed a know it all trucker, that talks the talk, but can't walk and chew gum or draw on you all at once, and stay clear.

NO trucking company allows any sort of gun in a company truck, but an owner operator can do as he pleases.....until he gets pulled into a DOT scale and gets a search, for what ever reason the DOT choose to do so.

There is a federal permit. LEO can attain one. I think even retired LEO.

He was an avg Joe. He was at the gas pump next to me in a pick up. Happen to walk inside at the same time

this was an ordinary person. i know LEO can carry 50 states with no issue.

but that guy went on about how he supposedly got one...typical trucker lunch counter BS.

which is why after about my 3rd time sitting at the lunch counter (as a newbie back in the day) i sat at the booths.

Some truckers carrying fissible materials are armed and LEO trained but you are not likely to identify them or see their firearms.

LEO's and retired LEO's who served honorably for 10 or more years may carry in all the states under HR218, also known as the Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act, passed under the Bush admin. They need an agency ID certifying eligibility and must qualify annually on their state's LEO qualification course. The idea behind LEOSA following 9/11 was that the more trained good guys with a gun wandering about, the better.

Said many times, my viewpoint is information is power. Give people information is giving them power ANY information. Open carry gives away information, not much difference than having a sign outside my house, guns inside.

I try my best to give away as little information as possible.

That ship has sailed. Minding everybody else’s business is practically a national pastime. That and sharing every minor detail of one’s life. Peculiarly American.
Oh for the love of God yes. I'm still trying to understand why anyone would think anyone else would give a flying rats tail about the cup of coffee they got at Starbucks this morning, or yesterday, or the day before, or the day before that. etc. The Gov. don't need to surveil us we shout from the roof tops every little thing we do. On that note think I'' go make breakfast. Hamm and eggs, maybe sausage, homemade bread for toast. LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, I'M MAKING BREAKFAST!!!!! ;) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Good lord.

Oh for the love of God yes. I'm still trying to understand why anyone would think anyone else would give a flying rats tail about the cup of coffee they got at Starbucks this morning, or yesterday, or the day before, or the day before that. etc. The Gov. don't need to surveil us we shout from the roof tops every little thing we do. On that note think I'' go make breakfast. Hamm and eggs, maybe sausage, homemade bread for toast. LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, I'M MAKING BREAKFAST!!!!! ;) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Good lord.

Attachments

• pompeiitoday.jpg
    pompeiitoday.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 31
Back