testtest

pay cash or debit card..???

If y'all need an example of what some are talking about....2 years ago Justin Trudeau seized and closed the bank accounts of as many truckers as his government could identify for peacefully protesting political issues in Canada. For me that would mean canceling my debit card, credit card and access to cash in said accounts. A "kill shot" if you will. It can happen, it has happened, I don't care a whit about anyone saying it's hyperbole. Since my last post on this thread I have consciously moved more toward cash, and will continue to do so.

looks like bc22 beat to most of my post! edit-add

(With Most) cell phones you can turn off the GPS that would be used to track your location and movements however with the advent of crash detection and automatic emergency services notifications that works against you.
Umm, no. Have you ever wondered why you can no longer remove your battery? Ever wonder why you can unplug some audio gear and plug it in two years or more later and it remembers your favorite stations or CD tracks?

Super capacitors, turn your phone off they still use your battery, battery dead, the super cap uses its reserves for hours if not days.
If you think turning off your GPS stops all tracking, you're sadly mistaken. Turning off GPS does not stop all GPS tracking, just YOUR personal tracking. So you know just in case your wife picks up your phone to see where you've been and your girlfriend's location 😬

I use CC or Cash.
I’m not worried about what the bank or govt knows… I’m worried about the wife !!!🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪
Thinking the same thing. I’m inextricably linked to my debit card. I just got back from two weeks in England where I didn’t even bother to exchange dollars for pounds. I just went electronic everywhere. They’ve been light years ahead with that sort of thing since the 90s.

You want to get really worked up. They use facial recognition when you pay at the register in the supermarket. I don’t know why, but get used to the idea, it’s just a matter of time.

You want to get really worked up. They use facial recognition when you pay at the register in the supermarket. I don’t know why, but get used to the idea, it’s just a matter of time.
They already do that here.
It's to protect the merchant, that way you can't say that somebody stole your debit card and you didn't ring up $400 worth of groceries at the local Walmart. They'll flash your face up on the video screen and say wow this looks just like you Is it not? LoL

Thinking the same thing. I’m inextricably linked to my debit card. I just got back from two weeks in England where I didn’t even bother to exchange dollars for pounds. I just went electronic everywhere. They’ve been light years ahead with that sort of thing since the 90s.

I did the same thing in Europe way back in 2006.

Back