testtest

Potent Potables (aka What’s your poison?)

I think I ruined myself for rye when I was in the military. I drank a lot of the cheap rot gut stuff. I don't care for it now, however...I don't think I've had a drop of the stuff in...oh, 30 years or so. This stuff looks far more top shelf.
Don't feel bad, I dislike rye by nature. Co-worker gave me a small pour of a hi-end ($300 bottle) rye...still had the sharpness that has always made me wince. That co-worker is a true boubon/whisky afiscionado, Rye just does not jibe with my pallet...but I appreciate that tastes vary, and taste is like art...in the eye of the beholder. Think of it like cilantro....some love it, others think it tastes like soap....

Don't feel bad, I dislike rye by nature. Co-worker gave me a small pour of a hi-end ($300 bottle) rye...still had the sharpness that has always made me wince. That co-worker is a true boubon/whisky afiscionado, Rye just does not jibe with my pallet...but I appreciate that tastes vary, and taste is like art...in the eye of the beholder. Think of it like cilantro....some love it, others think it tastes like soap....
So true..

Tonights selection… brand new collaboration between Buffalo Trace and Chris Stapleton …
Really easy sipper …
In our Dutton glasses 🤪

(We got these glass for our wedding in 2000. Funny as hell they were the whiskey glasses used by Kevin Costner in Yellowstone) 🤣🤣.. wife said we are now Duttons

IMG_4907.jpeg

Back