testtest

practice practice and more practice

grayghost

Alpha
I bought a new Springfield Ronin in 9mm and took it out and tried it out,,,,,,,,,,, now 10 or so years ago I could shoot the lights out but I had a long layoff from shooting,,, I was having trouble hitting a steel 8 inch plate at 10 yards,, that is pretty bad and Ammo is still a little high,,,,,,, so I am doing my prcticing with a M&P Compact 22lr about 400rds thru the M&P and I am doing a good bit better I can put them all on the 8inch plate again with the Ronin,,,, I will keep after it I have a chit load of 22LR,, I won't be happy until I can put them all on that plate at 25 yards

I bought a new Springfield Ronin in 9mm and took it out and tried it out,,,,,,,,,,, now 10 or so years ago I could shoot the lights out but I had a long layoff from shooting,,, I was having trouble hitting a steel 8 inch plate at 10 yards,, that is pretty bad and Ammo is still a little high,,,,,,, so I am doing my prcticing with a M&P Compact 22lr about 400rds thru the M&P and I am doing a good bit better I can put them all on the 8inch plate again with the Ronin,,,, I will keep after it I have a chit load of 22LR,, I won't be happy until I can put them all on that plate at 25 yards
Nice. It’s like riding a bike… maybe. Keep at it.
How are liking the ronin?
Also, 9mm is never coming back down below $0.25/rd for cheap stuff (the stuff i buy 😁).

Gray, something i found during Covid quarantine was a laser cartridge and cheap laser target. The target trigger is about half the size of a dime and I put it at various areas in the house and shoot. Helped keep my eye rather well. A replacement for real ammo no, but I found it is a decent tool to help keep my shooting sharp.

Make sure live ammo is in another room no accidents...
20240926_213513.jpg
20240926_213320.jpg

Keep at it man, shooting a pistol over 10 yards accurately is a skill that requires enormous practice and training for most. I, unlike many here, don't worry about shooting bulls at 25 yards. One needs a lot of free time and money to develop that skill. In my position in life, I worry about hitting a body in 7 yards or less under extreme duress. Measure out your home (if you need to). How long is the realistic distance you need to shoot? Practice those distances, unless you want to be a a handgun marksman. Which is a noble goal, don't get me wrong. Just costs more than I'm willing to invest (time and $$).

Nice. It’s like riding a bike… maybe. Keep at it.
How are liking the ronin?
Also, 9mm is never coming back down below $0.25/rd for cheap stuff (the stuff i buy 😁).
I like the Ronin it is the commander size, I have always had the full sized 1911 the last one was a Desert Eagle, boy it was a shooter I could do 2 inch groups at 25yards with it,,, the long layoff from shooting has had a huge effect on my ability for accuracy, I have hopes of getting back to somewhere near where I was 10 years ago,, I have a **** load of the 22lr to play with and the M&P only has a 3 inch barrel,I will never be accurate at 25 yards with it but it will help me get closer to where I want to be

Keep at it man, shooting a pistol over 10 yards accurately is a skill that requires enormous practice and training for most. I, unlike many here, don't worry about shooting bulls at 25 yards. One needs a lot of free time and money to develop that skill. In my position in life, I worry about hitting a body in 7 yards or less under extreme duress. Measure out your home (if you need to). How long is the realistic distance you need to shoot? Practice those distances, unless you want to be a a handgun marksman. Which is a noble goal, don't get me wrong. Just costs more than I'm willing to invest (time and $$).
inside the house the longest shot would be about 28 feet /9 yards,,, if I can't hit a invader at that range I will at least scare the hell out of them

Back