testtest

RealID… info on the card?

Final thoughts (maybe) on the subject of real ID and scannable licenses, If we are going to have them then let's put them to use more than trying to catch Jr. buying a pack of Marlboros. Say scan it to see if your eligible to legally be in the country, have a job, get Gov. assistance, and dare I say to BLEEPING VOTE!

but that's the thing, it is easier to "control" the smaller majority, than to pursue the masses.

same with trucking...

much easier for the states/fed's to "control" the lower number of CDL holders (commercial drivers license), then to go after the millions more of "ordinary" drivers.

fine the truckers, cuz they are supposed to be professionals and should know better, yet let the dumbass 4 wheelers get away with running red lights, hit & runs, etc,etc.....

"go after the smaller more controllable population"
There’s no shortage of dumbass truck drivers either.

There’s no shortage of dumbass truck drivers either.
nope, the CDL Mills, that's what they are Mills, as there are no longer schools, churn out the dimwits.

gone are the days of map reading, common sense, clean, neat clothing, respectful, and timely delivery/pick ups.

was a time when most trucking companies demanded "up to" 5 years experience....tanker was "up to" 10 years...

now..??

a heartbeat gets them jobs.....pathetic how the industry has gone.

Final thoughts (maybe) on the subject of real ID and scannable licenses, If we are going to have them then let's put them to use more than trying to catch Jr. buying a pack of Marlboros. Say scan it to see if your eligible to legally be in the country, have a job, get Gov. assistance, and dare I say to BLEEPING VOTE!
on no...the left would say that's, racist, or profiling, or anything else to fit thier agenda.

nope, the CDL Mills, that's what they are Mills, as there are no longer schools, churn out the dimwits.

gone are the days of map reading, common sense, clean, neat clothing, respectful, and timely delivery/pick ups.

was a time when most trucking companies demanded "up to" 5 years experience....tanker was "up to" 10 years...

now..??

That’s true, but even 30 years ago there were idiots in 18 wheelers. I think per capita it’s less than regular drivers, but…

That’s true, but even 30 years ago there were idiots in 18 wheelers. I think per capita it’s less than regular drivers, but…
there will always be idiots truckers, the degree of which i believe changes each generation, like todays "steering wheel holders" depending on GPS, rather than map reading, for one instance.

too many distractions, as i personally had seen truckers watching DVD's on the laptop, mounted on the steering wheel, doing like 70 mph...

I wasn't a truck driver. I was a mechanic who fixed heavy trucks among other things. I held a CDL for 42 years. It was required in my work.
What always annoyed me was the fact that regular drivers could renew their license by mail. But I, and every other CDL holder, had to show up in person, bring my birth certificate and all the proper paperwork, and sit for hours to renew my license. It was a major PITA! 🤬
Once I retired, I had to change to a regular Operators license. In a way, I kinda miss having a CDL. :rolleyes:

The other thread on the ammo vending machine derailed into “information” available to the overlords watching us.
It got me thinking about the RealID that we’re being prodded (forced) in to. More specifically, what type of information is held on the additional barcodes on the new form of identification? It seems ripe for implementation of a “social credit score” system, much like the one in China, linking all purchases to the RealID card, which must be scanned whenever you buy something.
Am I in “tinfoil hat” territory or does anyone else see us going in this direction?
The "Real ID" is the federal government's work-around for a National ID Card. It standardizes the identification requirements for all 50 States. Each state still gets to issue their own IDs, but they all contain the same information and have the same document requirements for verification. Making them a requirement for TSA flights or federal ID in federal buildings incentivizes people to get them.

I wasn't a truck driver. I was a mechanic who fixed heavy trucks among other things. I held a CDL for 42 years. It was required in my work.
What always annoyed me was the fact that regular drivers could renew their license by mail. But I, and every other CDL holder, had to show up in person, bring my birth certificate and all the proper paperwork, and sit for hours to renew my license. It was a major PITA! 🤬
Once I retired, I had to change to a regular Operators license. In a way, I kinda miss having a CDL. :rolleyes:
yeah, regular drivers can go to the AAA office...i had to go to the DMV, take the hazmat test at each renewal, for a fee of course. after all CDL drivers ARE cash cows.

once i retired? i couldn't get to the AAA office fast enough to turn it in and get a regular operators license.

do i miss it..??

not really, a huge burden was lifted off my shoulders.

The "Real ID" is the federal government's work-around for a National ID Card. It standardizes the identification requirements for all 50 States. Each state still gets to issue their own IDs, but they all contain the same information and have the same document requirements for verification. Making them a requirement for TSA flights or federal ID in federal buildings incentivizes people to get them.
i have to wonder that if a person is called to jury duty at the federal court, and does not have a Real ID....are they excused for jury service..????

now..??

Before the CDL licenses came into being many states had different requirements to drive a semi. For example , my state of Illinois required written test that was different than regular passenger plus a driving test in a semi.

MO. made you take a written test and then you took a driving test in your car.

KS. made you take a written test ( I don't know if there was anything different from regular pass. test ) and then you could use a truck pulling a trailer for driving test.

Those are the only ones I know of. Just think , if you had the money to buy a semi in MO. , you took your written test and then drove your car around and if you passed both tests you could jump in your semi and drive cross country. 😲

Back