testtest

Reasonably accurate M16A1 ( semi auto obviously) clone

Bassbob

Emissary
What is the best way to go about this. It's for a buddy of mine who wants to wax nostalgic over his long gone army days. He has never handled an AR-15. I know PSA and Brownells used to sell furniture kits. I suspect someone sells a reasonably priced rifle or the furniture to build one.

Any suggestions ?

How much is he wanting to spend, an M16a1 clone will be higher than just a plain old ar15, windham weaponry makes one but it ain't cheap. if he wants an exact replica then a Colt ar15sp1 is the way to go but it really won't be cheap.

How much is he wanting to spend, an M16a1 clone will be higher than just a plain old ar15, windham weaponry makes one but it ain't cheap. if he wants an exact replica then a Colt ar15sp1 is the way to go but it really won't be cheap.

This was his message. I am inquiring further.

"Do you know of a place where I can buy a replica M-16A1 that field strips like a real one? At least with removable hand guard/heat shields and strips down to the bolt and charging handle? I don't need to breakdown the bolt or go any further than that.
I've never held an AR-15 but I suppose that would be alright too since, I assume, the only difference would be in the selector switch."

So, there’s true M16A1/SP1 configuration…and then there’s pretty close.

Unless having a slick lower and truly correct furniture is a big deal…he can easily build one with a retro a1 upper (different rear sight drum) & GI furniture.

Otherwise? I’d go with Brownells.
Kinda my thoughts too. I got the message early this morning and I'm waiting to hear back from him about just how correct he needs it to be. BCA sells a full rifle that's fairly close for about $600.

Maybe,
1674568455593.gif

1674568489805.gif

What is the best way to go about this. It's for a buddy of mine who wants to wax nostalgic over his long gone army days. He has never handled an AR-15. I know PSA and Brownells used to sell furniture kits. I suspect someone sells a reasonably priced rifle or the furniture to build one.

Any suggestions ?
Here ya go, I think this would be what you are looking for.

Back