testtest

Ruger Super Redhawk

Have the Raging Judge Magnum.... which is the 6 round Taurus 454.....
Now a word of warning.... our range officer knows a guy that was shooting
a 454 and it split the bone in his forearm. So, if you have any hand, wrist
or arm issues don't be going for the Big Bore Hand Cannons. You will get hurt.
That said, I am of slender build as are the girls in the family. All have fired the
454. One will never again and one loves it and if she could would EDC it!!

I have three Taurus wheel cannons and they all function perfectly. Lots of hand
loads through them too.
I also have two Ruger Super Blackhawks. A 44 that is 7.5" and over 40 years old.
Another just like it that is 44, 10" about a year old. They are the sweethearts of
my rodeo.

454 is most fun at the range on ladies day. Even had a couple shoot it.

I'm looking at a Super Redhawk in .454 Casull. Anyone have any experience? Any info? I'm also interested in a S&W in .460. How do they compare?

I posted this awhile back, you might like to read the posts and I included a review on the .460 also, even though it’s the performance center version.

Last edited:
Maybe I should just quit posting, seems like my posts are somehow not interpreted to the right person, always seems like somebody else thinks it’s towards them.

Maybe I should just quit posting, seems like my posts are somehow not interpreted to the right person, always seems like somebody else thinks it’s towards them.
I wouldn't worry about it. It wasn't offensive even interpreted by the wrong person.

I have the S&W 460 and love it . Put a scope on it and can hit out to 100 yds. I have hunted deer and elk with it. No shots on elk but have got deer with it. It is loud and kicks hard but manageable. Don't shot beside trees out of a tree stand bark flies back at you. My girlfriend (125 pounds) shoots it and likes it.

I'm looking at a Super Redhawk in .454 Casull. Anyone have any experience? Any info? I'm also interested in a S&W in .460. How do they compare?
I owned a Ruger super Redhawks Toklat 545 casuall and loved it it bucked but wasn't bad and the 5 inch barrel was a dream to pack in a diamond D chest rig.

Back