testtest

SAINT VICTOR AR-15

At the $1K price-point, I do feel that Springfield needs to address even minor production blemishes, even if they are just aesthetic. This is speaking as "agnostically" as I can, with respect to brand/make.

There's *_A LOT_* of competition at that price-point, and SA should not be willing to lose customers over cosmetic blemishes, whether they are incurred prior to shipment to their distributors/retailers - or otherwise. I would go so far as to suggest that if SA insists that the blemishes are incurred after the product has left the hands of their QA personnel, they should be willing to go to bat on the side of the end-user/owner.

On various social media platforms, I've personally seen everyone from customer service reps (LMT, Knight's Armament) to the owners/stakeholders (Mike Mihalski/SOLGW, and Cindy Daniels/Daniel Defense) cowboy/cowgirl-up and address/make-right of customer-service issues just like these. SA is known for its warm and caring customer-service, and I think that @RangerCrew1 's complaints are neither outrageous nor uncommon, and should merit additional response.

As @10mmLife recommended, I'd pursue this further - maybe waiting until after the holidays (and SHOT Show, if that's still going on this year) to pursue, so that everyone has a bit more time. :)

Point I was making is:
Was the gun inspected upon purchase ?
Could have been done in transit or by the LGS.
Appears gun may have been purchased online then to FFL.
Once again.. was the gun inspected at FFL transfer. If so, blemishes and nicks, should have been sent back to retailer. Retailer should inspect all firearms. LGS/Store should then take issue with their distributor and the those distributor/lgs folks with SA.
SA cannot confirm nor deny the firearm left the factory that way once it got into the customers hands. Could have been a distributor or LGS caused the blemishes?
I’m sure in SA’s mind, those were done at purchase point.
Not saying 100% they were, but that would be their cosmetic take, not non functioning warranty take

SA checked for function. Which it passed.

Hope either the store or SA will make it right

I did not notice the issues when picking up from the FFL, so that part is on me. The area of wear could have happened at the retailer I understand but the weld slag/mold imperfection could have only happened at SA. To fix that they would have to replace receiver which would then resolve both issues

Have you seen the bills in your wallet lately. They are manhandled it look like garbage. Even from the bank

^ The 20s I get out of the ATM are so crisp and new, they're literally sticking so bad that I often have to count twice.

But yes, there are also those bills that are just torn to shreds, yet the ATM still vends them. :ROFLMAO:

What is a decent muzzle brake for the SA Victor, a Troy Claymore or Lantac Dragon Muzzle or Thread Protector as far as home defense purposes go?
Muzzle brakes make terrible HD firearm accessories because of the increased perceived sound from the muzzle blast being directed to the sides which in an enclosed space such as a hallway can really amplify the concussive sound of the firearm shooting leading to a higher chance of permanent hearing loss and also disorientation for the shooter.

A surpressor is the best option for an HD build and if this isn't an option a linear comp will probably be the next best option to direct sound and flash away from the shooter though anything short of a true suppressor will most likely be extremely loud and cause permanent hearing damage.

What is a decent muzzle brake for the SA Victor, a Troy Claymore or Lantac Dragon Muzzle or Thread Protector as far as home defense purposes go?
The brake that came on the Victors from factory are great brakes.
That being said, i would go suppressor or a flash hider type device if more enclosed shooting is standard.

I like the brake for hogs on the run in open spaces.
Shooting at a gun range, even open air outdoors, the brake is not friendly to fellow shooters or folks in your group of shooting friends

Unfortunately, my personal experience matches that of @10mmLife 's above. @bigdaddyz1776 .

Linear compensators and various concussion-forwarding devices or blast-shields ( such as the Surefire Warden, the various Griffin Armament "Blast Shields," and so on - https://www.ballisticmag.com/6-of-the-best-muzzle-blast-control-devices-available/ ) really only work to somewhat redirect that muzzle blast and noise, which, in an enclosed and highly sound-reflective indoor context will still prove to be very destructive to unprotected hearing.

1644771372554.png

^ For the PracTac Listeners' Partner Shoothouse event at the Alliance Police Training Facility, I used a first-generation Griffin QD Blast Shield (I haven't started down the NFA road. yet 😅 ) to make life a little easier for everyone around me, but even with the rather large ("industrial/office"-type) "rooms" (open air, no roof), you can still feel the concussion bouncing off the walls and mock furniture.

If you are truly concerned about the blast/noise, I wouldn't waste your time and money - I'd straight up jump to suppressing that gun.

Unfortunately, my personal experience matches that of @10mmLife 's above. @bigdaddyz1776 .

Linear compensators and various concussion-forwarding devices or blast-shields ( such as the Surefire Warden, the various Griffin Armament "Blast Shields," and so on - https://www.ballisticmag.com/6-of-the-best-muzzle-blast-control-devices-available/ ) really only work to somewhat redirect that muzzle blast and noise, which, in an enclosed and highly sound-reflective indoor context will still prove to be very destructive to unprotected hearing.

View attachment 24811

^ For the PracTac Listeners' Partner Shoothouse event at the Alliance Police Training Facility, I used a first-generation Griffin QD Blast Shield (I haven't started down the NFA road. yet 😅 ) to make life a little easier for everyone around me, but even with the rather large ("industrial/office"-type) "rooms" (open air, no roof), you can still feel the concussion bouncing off the walls and mock furniture.

If you are truly concerned about the blast/noise, I wouldn't waste your time and money - I'd straight up jump to suppressing that gun.
👍👍👆👆👆👆

View attachment 24811

The issue with suppressing it, is California.

So the next best alternative, I already got the hearing protection nearby, is a linear comp or thread protector?

Ah!

I forgot where you're from. My apologies. 😅

The linear comp/blast-shield may screw with your recoil control. Give it a try, see if you like it. The .223/5.56 AR15 is already so soft-recoiling that this may not actually matter, at all, but still, nothing lies like how we "feel," a timer and a scoreable metric will put it to the test. :)

Why a thread protector and not just the factory flash-hider?

Does the linear comp or a blast-shield type device help? It's undeniable that they do help force that blast forward of the muzzle. Even out in the open, my daughter prefers that I don't shoot my AR next to her unless it's wearing the device.

As long as you understand the limitations of these devices, I think you're good-to-go. :)

----

I do stage an AR for HD, but my thinking has always been that it's not going to be my "true" first-line defense (handgun). As-such, in the likelihood that the AR (or the gauge next to it) is going to be pressed into service, it's (I hope) more than likely a scenario where we would have the time to don hearing protection. Defense-in-layers. right? :)

Back