testtest

Should You Carry a Handgun With an Empty Chamber?

When I first visited the U.K. I set out on a mission to have crumpets and tea, so I could say I did so. My list of U.K. culinary delights included a full English breakfast, bangers and mash, fish and chips at Wells Next the Sea, some of the best Thai and Indian food in the world, and some Toad in the hole. All washed down with copious amounts of strong English tea.
Love me a Full English. Even the black pudding.

Wife & I used to go to Scotland or England every few years, but haven’t been since the Before Times…think we need to go back. Maybe Ireland this time…

Hard to find a properly pulled, cellar temp Bass this side of the pond.

I easily drink 8 cups of tea a day. Easily. I buy my tea in bags of 480! Yorkshire Tea. It’s working man’s tea.
IMG_1933.gif

I easily drink 8 cups of tea a day. Easily. I buy my tea in bags of 480! Yorkshire Tea. It’s working man’s tea.
Damn bro, you need to get a little blood in your caffeine stream.

20230629_100506.jpg

This is a 16 oz Starbucks cup. I've looked them up on eBay and they run anywhere between 30 and $50. I've never had tea in it long enough for it to get cold.

I found it on a loading dock at work one night. I have no idea how long it had been sitting there but when I took the top off of the inside was full of mold.

It it was obviously abandoned, so I took it home and scrubbed it out and boiled it. I've been using it for 7 or 8 years. Anyway I said all that to say that I fill it up with tea (2 bags of black and 1 of green) every morning and that's as much caffeine as I drink during my day. Actually that's usually the only thing I drink during my day that isn't water.

Well for one, my reply had nothing to do with a round in chamber, it was a reply to your statement that people get there permit to bypass checks and waiting periods,
Again, I can only go by what the people posted themselves on internet forums. I also want to reiterate that there is no such law in Colorado. We've recently enacted a 3-day waiting period for firearms purchases but I've never heard of any law in Colorado that would allow a permit holder to bypass the background check or the 3-day waiting period. I may have misunderstood your post but my understanding of what I read was that that was a provision in their state laws and they weren't going around the law.
I did belong to glocktalk at one time, to many foolish members there so I left a few years back, they may be a largest forum, but actually who cares to be honest.
As I stated previously, I specifically mentioned Glocktalk because it's a large database. The larger the database the more accurate your results are.
I do carry my gun with a round in the chamber FYI,
OK, I'm glad you do and I don't think I ever said you didn't. I actually don't really think it's any of my business how you carry your gun.
also you said some on here just got their permit to bypass laws, never saw those posts but I see you edited that part out.
I'm not sure exactly what I said but I would be willing to bet that there are people on this forum who have a concealed handgun permit primarily because it allows them to bypass the background check and the waiting period in their state when they buy a gun. They may or may not ever actually carry a handgun but their primary reason for getting the permit was the convenience. I don't have problem with that it was just stating it as a high probability.

My brother in law and his English wife live across the street. She’s from Manchester. I can’t name half the stuff she feeds us but it’s all delicious. Of course we are slowly ruining her with 1 1/2” thick pork steaks grilled on the Kamado. She went back to Manchester last year for a few months when her sister’s husband died. When she got back she told us she missed home the whole time. She is American now.

Damn bro, you need to get a little blood in your caffeine stream.

View attachment 41194

This is a 16 oz Starbucks cup. I've looked them up on eBay and they run anywhere between 30 and $50. I've never had tea in it long enough for it to get cold.

I found it on a loading dock at work one night. I have no idea how long it had been sitting there but when I took the top off of the inside was full of mold.

It it was obviously abandoned, so I took it home and scrubbed it out and boiled it. I've been using it for 7 or 8 years. Anyway I said all that to say that I fill it up with tea (2 bags of black and 1 of green) every morning and that's as much caffeine as I drink during my day. Actually that's usually the only thing I drink during my day that isn't water.
I have 3 of them. I drink one of those full of coffee a day. In the morning. And I didn’t pay anywhere near $30 a piece for them. They are really nice coffee cups though.

I have 3 of them. I drink one of those full of coffee a day. In the morning. And I didn’t pay anywhere near $30 a piece for them. They are really nice coffee cups though.
I seem to be a magnate for stuff like that. I've found Starbucks and other such cups/Jugs all over town, usually in a parking garage with booze in them.

I've found three Starbucks cups, a Stanley Thermos Mug and a bottle, two Hydroflasks.

I found a 64 oz. Ozark Trail jug full of coffee sitting outside the one night. I wasn't there at 0200 and it was at 0230. I let it sit till dawn before I picked it up.

I seem to be a magnate for stuff like that. I've found Starbucks and other such cups/Jugs all over town, usually in a parking garage with booze in them.

I've found three Starbucks cups, a Stanley Thermos Mug and a bottle, two Hydroflasks.

I found a 64 oz. Ozark Trail jug full of coffee sitting outside the one night. I wasn't there at 0200 and it was at 0230. I let it sit till dawn before I picked it up.
I have a bunch of those Ozark cups too. It’s what I drink my iced tea out of. Keeps ice for a long time. Yeti can kiss my ace.

My brother in law and his English wife live across the street. She’s from Manchester. I can’t name half the stuff she feeds us but it’s all delicious. Of course we are slowly ruining her with 1 1/2” thick pork steaks grilled on the Kamado. She went back to Manchester last year for a few months when her sister’s husband died. When she got back she told us she missed home the whole time. She is American now.
Unfortunately, I am one of those sad cases who never really feels settled in one place or the other. It’s pretty common with immigrants. And it’s always the little things that get to you, not properly important stuff. Why does cheese and bread suck so bad in the States? How come they can’t keep a store open after 5pm or make a decent pizza in the UK? Honestly, we had a 24 hr gas station/ minimart open round the corner from me in London and it was soul saving! Sad. 😜😫🙄😎

Good article, this has been discussed several times on here with various opinions, myself, always one in the chamber

All the pistols I have are ready to go. Never an empty chamber. And spread all over the house. I'm never more than a few feet from a gun.

Shotguns have an empty chamber and full magazine.

AR's unloaded for now.

Things go to hell and everything will be ready.

Read first page only, and the discussion is about carrying on an empty chamber. I click to page #5, and somehow we're talking about tea and coffee.o_O:LOL:

I carry a handgun with a full chamber and a rifle and shotgun with an empty chamber because they generally aren't drop safe.

I don't fault those and think there's absolutely nothing wrong with EDCing with an unchambered handgun. Everything comes with pros and cons. There are situations where each method is superior. Do what works for you and makes you feel comfortable whether it be empty chamber, thumb safety, mag disconnect, etc. There are no wrong answers IMHO.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I am one of those sad cases who never really feels settled in one place or the other. It’s pretty common with immigrants. And it’s always the little things that get to you, not properly important stuff. Why does cheese and bread suck so bad in the States? How come they can’t keep a store open after 5pm or make a decent pizza in the UK? Honestly, we had a 24 hr gas station/ minimart open round the corner from me in London and it was soul saving! Sad. 😜😫🙄😎

There are places to get good cheese and good bread. And I am a fan of both. You ain't getting it at WalMart or Safeway though. I get mine on "Day Go" Hill.

And for the record, it was called that by the Italians and until white liberals started whining about it no one cared. Not even Italians.

Read first page only, and the discussion is about carrying on an empty chamber. I click to page #5, and somehow we're talking about tea and coffee.o_O:LOL:

I carry a handgun with a full chamber and a rifle and shotgun with an empty chamber because they generally aren't drop safe.

I don't fault those and think there's absolutely nothing wrong with EDCing with an unchambered handgun. Everything comes with pros and cons. There are situations where each method is superior. Do what works for you and makes you feel comfortable whether it be empty chamber, thumb safety, mag disconnect, etc. There are no wrong answers IMHO.
Its the SA forum.. its what we do…
After 4 pages of same 2 answers, you have to throw in tea and crumpets

Back