testtest

Show off your Every Day Carry!

IMG_0239.jpeg
IMG_0240.jpeg
IMG_0237.jpeg

OK, pics came up, but I couldn’t comment! The two big guns; Colt Trooper .357 and CZ40 are carried in shoulder rigs. Mostly in woods or away from civilization. CZ in a shoulder rig as shown in pic 2. The shoulder was made by Minuteman holsters in the 90s. The rig takes different holsters for different pistols as shown. Intend to like shoulder rigs, as is obvious. The smaller pistol by the shoulder rig is a Firestar .40. I also like .40 cal. The other shoulder is a ‘Bullitt” holster from the movie of the same name. It usually carries a 2” Detective Special. The last pic are my pocket pistols, J frame Airweight Bodyguard and the later semi-auto Bodyguard. All were chosen because they fit my hand. Carried some in circumstances where might have been used and never felt undergunned.

On or off duty, one or two of these are always with me.

L to R: Ruger LC9s Pro (9mm); Glock 23 (.40 S&W); Smith & Wesson 442 (.38 Special); Smith & Wesson 65 with 3 inch heavy barrel (.357 magnum)

View attachment 63186
Really like your S&W 65. Not a Glock fan or sub-compact pistols. Real nice leather holsters. Not trying to be a snob apparently these work for you and that's all that matters.

OK, pics came up, but I couldn’t comment! The two big guns; Colt Trooper .357 and CZ40 are carried in shoulder rigs. Mostly in woods or away from civilization. CZ in a shoulder rig as shown in pic 2. The shoulder was made by Minuteman holsters in the 90s. The rig takes different holsters for different pistols as shown. Intend to like shoulder rigs, as is obvious. The smaller pistol by the shoulder rig is a Firestar .40. I also like .40 cal. The other shoulder is a ‘Bullitt” holster from the movie of the same name. It usually carries a 2” Detective Special. The last pic are my pocket pistols, J frame Airweight Bodyguard and the later semi-auto Bodyguard. All were chosen because they fit my hand. Carried some in circumstances where might have been used and never felt undergunned.
Should have mentioned that the wheel Bodyguard is DAO. My carry/duty gun and all personal firearms carried had to be neutered to DAO. Department policy, but it sure made you proficient in shooting!

Back in old days, read round hammers in the 70s, the detectives had to conceal their weapons. The heat and humidity of the Texas coast made wearing a suit or sport coat uncomfortable so they wore Cuban barber shirts to hide their model 60s and 19 snubbies. Very classy attire for sure.
The Guyabera shirts are still a thing in Vegas with Metro detectives and D.A. investigators. It just works!

The Guyabera shirts are still a thing in Vegas with Metro detectives and D.A. investigators. It just works!
In Dade county of Miami many office and others use Guyaberra's as they are a light cool and equal to a coat and tie in the business world.

Also the national shirt of the Philippines is similar to a Guyaberra known as In contrast, the Filipina, also known as "barong tagalo,".

Not brag worthy , but this happened to be near the top of the image gallery. View attachment 64395

Added - This holster is a Goodrich & Gould , but it's representive of the type . Probably 90% of time , something similar .

I don't ever use the 3rd ( vertical) slot . But there's no downside to them , if I run across one so equipped.

When I do do a cross draw , I need a significant slant , straight vertical doesn't do anything for me .

Yes , I prefer a thumb break . I've been using them 40 plus years , and they're natural to me .

Back