testtest

Springfield Prodigy 4.25 DS optic screws fix

I just found this site and can't believe I've missed it after so many years of being a part of forums. Plus I love Springfields. My favorite one WAS the range officer operator that shoots flawless. I love it and have loved it for many years util the Springfield Prodigy came out. I bought one without even shooting one. A couple of buddies of mine posted vids from Shot show (2024) and I was sold. Problem was the genie was out of the bottle and everyone was on back order until I stopped at my favorite indoor shooting range and just asked if they had one. They did, it just came in and I bought it. Had to have it shipped to Oklahoma because I live north of the red. NO PROBLEM. One of the Owners lives near an FFL in Oklahoma not far from my office so I picked it up the next day. After cleaning it (like I do all new guns) I liked the way it was put together. Went to the range not expecting much as a bit of a break in is needed (in my thoughts). Nope. That thing was well sighted. Just a bit off so some hold under was needed but not much. At 12 yds I destroyed my target. I shot till I was tired plus the cerakote (I think its cerakote) was wearing off, as it should.
In my opinion doing any sanding or rubbing on the slides to rub off the cerakote is not a good idea. It will sand itself down with itself so leave it alone and shoot it, clean it and shoot it. You can't take off material you removed.
All that to say I wanted to put my Holosun 507 c V2 green dot shake to wake on my prodigy. Had to order the proper plate for it. I think it's 14a but can't remember the 407 is a bit thinner in width. Anyway the screws they sent with it are too short for Holosun red dots. Easy fix. Take your dremel with a cut off bit and trim two threads off each screw. Gently remove any metal shards but don't get crazy. A tiny bit of blue loc tite and your in business. I think the torque for the plate and the optic is 16 to 18 inch/lbs.
Lastly, you folks do great videos. Very detailed
Here's a pic of my baby. Plan on replacing the trigger for no good reason at all.
Don't make fun of my light. I've had it for over 20 years.
Thanks for having me.
Nice write up, I have the 407c and the short screws that came with the optic worked perfectly. Did yours not come with any?

Back