testtest

What are you doing right now??

just finished shaving my back hair....the wife is at our daughters house baby-sitting and i couldn't wait....for her to do it.

i took out the frozen hamburger to thaw, i think i will make that shepards pie tuesday, instead of wednesday.

but i have a doctor appointment, then a phone interview for a job as well....so i dunno

it was muggy this morning, but now that has gone away.
IMG_3021.gif

Just got home from the Western Minnesota Steam Thresher’s Reunion in Rollag. 79 degrees with a 20 mile an hour wind. VERY DUSTY! It was fun though.
As a boy in Illinois my distant cousin who had a collection of the equipment used in threshing, everything from the horse drawn mowers to the steam engines. He put on a demonstration every year in a wheat field. I got to pitch bundles into the thresher for several years and so enjoyed the whole process. It was dysty! There was a sense of history. Every time I see a a steam engine it triggers fond memories.

happy with my current truck, but, just looking at others - sales have been slow for all of them now and I'll bet a guy or gal could get a cash deal waaaay less than lot price....
kinda funny how my first ever brand new truck, 1980 chevy c-10 deluxe stepside, victory red, 3 on the tree, inline 6, and no power nuffin, not even a dome light, nor am radio, cost me out the door about $3,500.

next one ('86 fleetside, automatic, power steering/brakes/ am-fm radio, a bit more "accessorized as some might say" , still no power windows, or power door locks, or a/c, cost me $8,500

next one 2004 Ranger, v-6 power everything.......$16,000+........and i only got the ranger cuz all full sized trucks in 2004 were selling at least above the $26,000 + prices

no more truck for me, i can rent them if i need them

i'll stick to my smaller Toyota cars now

As a boy in Illinois my distant cousin who had a collection of the equipment used in threshing, everything from the horse drawn mowers to the steam engines. He put on a demonstration every year in a wheat field. I got to pitch bundles into the thresher for several years and so enjoyed the whole process. It was dysty! There was a sense of history. Every time I see a a steam engine it triggers fond memories.
You would love this event. They have people coming from all over the US and Canada every year. There is a campground and everything.

Back