testtest

What are you doing right now??

Getting through coffee #1. Sunny out here so far today. I’ve been asked to make a double batch of my Cowboy Campfire Beans for the cookout this evening. May go to the lake this afternoon, it’s supposed be about 80 today. Fireworks tonight down at the cabin when the rest of the clan are here. Have a happy Friday everyone! 😎

Getting through coffee #1. Sunny out here so far today. I’ve been asked to make a double batch of my Cowboy Campfire Beans for the cookout this evening. May go to the lake this afternoon, it’s supposed be about 80 today. Fireworks tonight down at the cabin when the rest of the clan are here. Have a happy Friday everyone! 😎
i can't say i ever had "campfire beans"...

what do they taste like.???

and DON'T SAY..."they taste like salted watermelon"..!!!!!

I acquired the recipe online. There’s nothing to it really and it sounded tasty so I tried it, and adjusted some seasonings and made it my own. It has cans of kidney, chili, and black beans. The only prep is chopping onion and cooking and chopping the bacon. Today I’m putting mini brats (like cocktail weenies) and bacon in for meat. The recipe calls for hamburger but anything goes.
Then I use Worcestershire sauce, hickory barbecue sauce, very generous splashes of bourbon, and then my seasonings…brown sugar, chipotle pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, black pepper. You can use whatever spices you like to make it hot or not. I let it cook in a slow cooker on low for at least 3 hours but the longer the better.
That should give you an idea of how they taste. 😉

IMG_6976.gif

Just paid the water bill. I tried yesterday, but got a reply saying it was declined. :eek: Being a holiday, I was freaking out thinking my cc got hacked. I tried customer service today, but the recording said they were experiencing a high volume of calls. Tried same cc then and it went through. I either punched in a wrong number or their site is problematic.
All is well.

Back