testtest

What have you bought firearms related in the last 48 hours?

Long story short. Watching Die Hard the other night. Wife asked if I had a Beretta told her no that although I shot one a few years ago really couldn't hit with one. Stopped at the range yesterday and popped off a few rounds with my duty "Glock" and a younger guy was there with a couple of Berettas. Got to talking and he let me shoot a few and it was pretty good so stopped at a new LGS that just opened a few months ago and to my surprise the owner who used to train with me in the martial arts is the owner and happens to be a Beretta stocking dealer and he gave me a great price on this 92 FS so why not...

Purchased a used police turn-in rated at 85% Glock 21 with night sights Gen 4. I like the G21 and will be used as a nightstand pistol. I could't beat the price even if i purchased blue label. I'm sure it will give me good service after I clean it up. I never got the Ruger SR45. Owner didn't want to drop asking price. Glock was way cheaper anyway.

Purchased a used police turn-in rated at 85% Glock 21 with night sights Gen 4. I like the G21 and will be used as a nightstand pistol. I could't beat the price even if i purchased blue label. I'm sure it will give me good service after I clean it up. I never got the Ruger SR45. Owner didn't want to drop asking price. Glock was way cheaper anyway.
AIM has X-grade (ugly, holster worn, but mechanically solid) G21’s for $249…and Gen 3 G22’s for $219 (Some S&W M&P40’s for under $250, as well).

Nearly got one of the G22’s.

Hi,

I just ordered a used XD45 Tactical 5" (in "excellent" condition) from an online dealer. However, I'm not sure if it's the standard or the Mod2. The picture showed a Mod2 but the SKU was XD9621. Either way, I'm sure it will be boss.

XD45-mod2.JPG

Or....

XD45-Tactical.jpeg

Shipped to my FFL for $425. Did I do OK? I'll have to order a couple of standard capacity magazines (13+1) as my order comes with only one low capacity magazine. Drat.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

I just ordered a used XD45 Tactical 5" (in "excellent" condition) from an online dealer. However, I'm not sure if it's the standard or the Mod2. The picture showed a Mod2 but the SKU was XD9621. Either way, I'm sure it will be boss.

View attachment 48895

Or....

View attachment 48896

Shipped to my FFL for $425. Did I do OK? I'll have to order a couple of standard capacity magazines (13+1) as my order comes with only one low capacity magazine. Drat.

BassCliff
Looks good and price seems to be also. I've been wanting another 45 that hold a minimum of 13 so that leaves s&w out (10 rounds) until I find an extension of +3 or more for m&p. I've been eyeballing a 2.0 in 40s&w (4.25") to change into a 357sig, but wanting a CORE model.

Hi,

View attachment 48895

Or....

View attachment 48896

BassCliff
The one pictured is a Mod 2. I have one. It's very reliable and very accurate. Feels great in my hands. Mag release is gonna be tight. Down load mag from 13 to 12 and that helps.

Hi guys,

Looks good and price seems to be also. I've been wanting another 45 that hold a minimum of 13 so that leaves s&w out (10 rounds) until I find an extension of +3 or more for m&p. I've been eyeballing a 2.0 in 40s&w (4.25") to change into a 357sig, but wanting a CORE model.

I've been wanting a striker fired .45 with a little more capacity than my Garrison. I was thinking of getting a "big brother" to my XD9.

The one pictured is a Mod 2. I have one. It's very reliable and very accurate. Feels great in my hands. Mag release is gonna be tight. Down load mag from 13 to 12 and that helps.

Yes, the ad had a picture of the "XD45 5" Tactical Mod2" . But the ad also listed the SKU for the "XD45 5" Service". I'll find out when it shows up. I'm not going to complain either way. I might just have to get used to a "Grip Zone". :ROFLMAO: I"ll keep you informed. ;)

1702930271323.png

1702930303650.png

I think the Mod2 SKU is XDG9545BHC or similar.

Yes, guns.com. Please don't hate me. ;)

BassCliff

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I've been wanting a striker fired .45 with a little more capacity than my Garrison. I was thinking of getting a "big brother" to my XD9.

Yes, the ad had a picture of the "XD45 5" Tactical Mod2" . But the ad also listed the SKU for the "XD45 5" Service". I'll find out when it shows up. I'm not going to complain either way. I might just have to get used to a "Grip Zone". :ROFLMAO: I"ll keep you informed. ;)

View attachment 48946

View attachment 48947

I think the Mod2 SKU is XDG9545BHC or similar.

Yes, guns.com. Please don't hate me. ;)

BassCliff
If it says grip zone it’s mod 2. Mine is 4” service.

Long story short. Watching Die Hard the other night. Wife asked if I had a Beretta told her no that although I shot one a few years ago really couldn't hit with one. Stopped at the range yesterday and popped off a few rounds with my duty "Glock" and a younger guy was there with a couple of Berettas. Got to talking and he let me shoot a few and it was pretty good so stopped at a new LGS that just opened a few months ago and to my surprise the owner who used to train with me in the martial arts is the owner and happens to be a Beretta stocking dealer and he gave me a great price on this 92 FS so why not...
After playing with these CO2 replicas, I could see myself owning a Beretta....

1702933574547.jpeg

1702933604437.jpeg

Hi,

View attachment 48895

Or....

View attachment 48896

BassCliff
The XD9621 is the low capacity mod 1

Hi,

The XD9621 is the low capacity mod 1

I picked it up today. The wrong SKU was listed with the ad. It was indeed a Mod2 XD45 Tactical and it came with one 13 round magazine. That was it, just the pistol and one magazine. I went ahead and bought a soft case for it.

ABLVV87HOGHWFJIihCX1T4Kl7Sm0tgzbRtZe-DdE8YrKEh5GpWPPklhLsbBwiHzzA8-Y5OPD7sxxo_tBYZ4gHmefK3y9tTKvu1O_jN0o_0u6FXcusp3WFD9F2Sv0NmDmfBd8birllpTr2--7P_8OBTujY9477Q=w1236-h927-s-no

A also brought along a half box of ammo left over from my bowling pin shoot, a target, and a little bottle of oil. I put a couple of drops on the slide and the guide rod and gave it a little test before I left the range.

ABLVV84_bhqU_lr9xzjqEEWqFlbv9JiW3ptZH9012-75iianZ6Gm9_8nmVrGZJlm0fPSZCEOUsaD7Ne7VTB4vVTZoWRSdMsmnY7zuFrXFDtXieSD5AzoE6jTed3EaMec99i448e5DtoRa7hP5P2hnfOoBbkeNQ=w1236-h927-s-no

It was shooting really well until I got excited and got sloppy low-left. It also came with the Streamlight TLR-6. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the light. But I know I'm going to enjoy this pistol.

BassCliff

Hi,

I picked it up today. The wrong SKU was listed with the ad. It was indeed a Mod2 XD45 Tactical and it came with one 13 round magazine. That was it, just the pistol and one magazine. I went ahead and bought a soft case for it.

ABLVV87HOGHWFJIihCX1T4Kl7Sm0tgzbRtZe-DdE8YrKEh5GpWPPklhLsbBwiHzzA8-Y5OPD7sxxo_tBYZ4gHmefK3y9tTKvu1O_jN0o_0u6FXcusp3WFD9F2Sv0NmDmfBd8birllpTr2--7P_8OBTujY9477Q=w1236-h927-s-no

A also brought along a half box of ammo left over from my bowling pin shoot, a target, and a little bottle of oil. I put a couple of drops on the slide and the guide rod and gave it a little test before I left the range.

ABLVV84_bhqU_lr9xzjqEEWqFlbv9JiW3ptZH9012-75iianZ6Gm9_8nmVrGZJlm0fPSZCEOUsaD7Ne7VTB4vVTZoWRSdMsmnY7zuFrXFDtXieSD5AzoE6jTed3EaMec99i448e5DtoRa7hP5P2hnfOoBbkeNQ=w1236-h927-s-no

It was shooting really well until I got excited and got sloppy low-left. It also came with the Streamlight TLR-6. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the light. But I know I'm going to enjoy this pistol.

BassCliff
Yep, the same gun as mine except in 5". I was under the impression all these guns have been discontinued. Mine is a great shooter. And those mags are often on sale at GunMagWarehouse and Natchez Shooting Supplies.

The mag release is going to be tough when fully loaded. People will tell you it will wear in. They're wrong. I have a few thousand rounds through mine and it is just as tough as it was the day I bought it. You can download the mag to 12 and it is much easier.

That's a nice gun Cliff. The "Grip Zone" everyone hates has no detrimental effect. :cool:

Back