testtest

When it comes down to it, what is your "go to" EDC?

Second Call Defense has a pistol return clause in their policy. If I’m ever in a shooting situation and the police inevitably take my gun, and (again inevitably) they refuse to return it promptly, Second Call will buy me a new one. Don’t know if the other companies have the same policy but I have no problem taking out whatever gun I choose for the situation.
I think Sig or someone used to advertise, possibly for a specific model, that if you had to use it in a justified SD shooting and the police took the gun, they’d replace it free.

Thats why I carry the Kahr. It's cheaper than the others. Here I am sure they will take it away. I say this because when someone dies around here especially unattended the police secure the house. On several occasions when family comes to pick up firearms that were in the house the expensive ones were missing. All that was left was extra magazines but no firearms. Wonder what happened. Just saying.

I have some very valuable firearms that stay in the vault, simply because I don't want them getting dinged or scratched up. But let's be real. It is extremely unlikely that you are going to need to use your handgun against someone in a defensive situation. If a worst case scenario occurs and you do need it, you are going to need it very badly, it absolutely, positively, must work as intended, and you must be competent with it. Speed, power, and accuracy will determine the outcome of a lethal force encounter. I have always endeavored to carry the firearm that will best get the job done for me. That means it is dead nuts reliable, and I can hit with it. For that peace of mind I routinely carry pistols that are well north of $1000. If it were to be taken as evidence, I will eventually get it back, and I have others.

On the other hand, if your use of the gun was a crime, having your gun taken is the least of your worries.

Second Call Defense has a pistol return clause in their policy. If I’m ever in a shooting situation and the police inevitably take my gun, and (again inevitably) they refuse to return it promptly, Second Call will buy me a new one. Don’t know if the other companies have the same policy but I have no problem taking out whatever gun I choose for the situation.
a good firm, I use Second Call and others. Since we're listing firms that offer legal protection then, not a commercial but, from USCCA they list these added benefits..Mostly I'm interested in coverage from the criminal AND the civil trials that ensue. Getting my firearm back would be gravy.
Benefits
  • Up to $250,000 available for bail bond expenses
  • Expunging/Sealing Records Coverage
  • “Red Flag” Law Coverage
Removal of Previous Coverage Exclusions

• Plea Deal Coverage
  • Loss of Earnings Coverage
  • No Elective Recovery or Recoupment of Expenses
  • Criminal Acts Exclusion
  • Impartial Coverage Determination

These upgrades and improvements are in addition to your current self-defense liability insurance benefits, including…

• Defense Expenses: No limit for your criminal or civil defense.
  • Liability Insurance: Up to $2,000,000.
  • Incidental Expenses: Up to $20,000.
  • Coverage for all Acts of Self-Defense with any legal weapon.

I have some very valuable firearms that stay in the vault, simply because I don't want them getting dinged or scratched up. But let's be real. It is extremely unlikely that you are going to need to use your handgun against someone in a defensive situation. If a worst case scenario occurs and you do need it, you are going to need it very badly, it absolutely, positively, must work as intended, and you must be competent with it. Speed, power, and accuracy will determine the outcome of a lethal force encounter. I have always endeavored to carry the firearm that will best get the job done for me. That means it is dead nuts reliable, and I can hit with it. For that peace of mind I routinely carry pistols that are well north of $1000. If it were to be taken as evidence, I will eventually get it back, and I have others.

On the other hand, if your use of the gun was a crime, having your gun taken is the least of your worries.
HG very good points.

On another note, I have always taught my students that if price is your number one consideration in the choice of a handgun, you have your priorities mixed up. Gun fit, being able to operate the action, reliability, being able to hit the target, and sufficient power get higher priority than low price in my book. All those criteria can be met around the $500 mark. If we can afford 1200 smart phones, that's not too great a reach.

This summer in all my calm retired glory about 90% of my time is this little Taurus .380 carried in my hip pocket along with the Microtech.

20240822_142949.jpg

The only issue with Kahr is that they really suggest to break them in firing 200 rounds.If you do this you won't have an issue.
My car gun is a Kahr (see what I did there ;) ) CW9. Great little gun, I put luminous paint on the sights and rounded off all the sharp edges (there were a LOT, it actually cut me once racking the slide). I also laser engraved my logo on the slide.
signal-2024-08-23-090434_002.png

Back