testtest

Where do I connect a Sling

I have a 7.5" 300 Blackout/.223/5.56 and I'm using a single point end plate.
This plate allows several configurations and I'll be using the swivel in the center
as soon as the plate arrives. Additionally, this config locks with a set screw instead
of using a punch to secure it.

end plate.JPG

Here's a video of Rob Pincus of PDN, discussing single/double point sling options. Under the discussion tab beneath the video, someone asks what type sling he's demonstrating to go from single to double point and/or back again, and they answered he's using the MagPul MS3 sling. As mentions by other posters, using the Quick Disconnects (QD) on rail or stock helps position where you want the sling to connect to conform to your comfort in operating the AR to your circumstance. Good luck with whatever choice you make.

@NewSSo best option would be, ast stated by the other members is a QD endplate. Allows for a single point sling, with a pistol AR it is handy. If you are wanting a hand stop plus a QD mount check out the Magpul line for both. I have the hand stop at 6:00 and the QD mount at 9:00 on my AR pistol.

Is there any benefit between the 2 endplates pictured? When the gun is hanging with a single point sling, would it be better that the QD is on the side vs the back? Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 6.37.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-01 at 6.31.56 AM.png

Is there any benefit between the 2 endplates pictured? When the gun is hanging with a single point sling, would it be better that the QD is on the side vs the back? View attachment 5336View attachment 5337
Yes there will be a benefit to a QD endplate vs the QD sling on the side. It is the weight and it will not be distributed evenly with the QD mount on the side. The QD mount on the stock will not allow the rifle to ride up high enough either and will beat your knees up. The QD endplate will be, in my experience and opinion the best option.

Back