testtest

Where Do You Keep Your Home Defense Gun at Night?

and you'll have a better leg up on an intruder than staging the house with weapons like John Wick.
But then @Annihilator would have to take things out of his final redoubt (aka the bathroom)....

1693878766929.png
1693878906982.png
1693878970618.png

1693879705704.png
1693879735501.png

I've got no stinking guns!

NONE!

I do have a see in the dark heat seeking fur missile, that hates to be disturbed during his beauty sleep.
They had better send in a sacrificial lamb first, cause it's going to get bad very quick like!
Just the shutting of a car door between the hours of 11pm and 6am makes him grumpy, grumbling and causes him to go take a big sniff at both doors just in case.
He watches over me very good! If you hurt the food guy, OFF with your face or sack!
😬😬

Nice article on where do you keep your house gun at night, I myself use and recommend the Hornady Night Guard

My house gun sleeps at our feet and usually relocates to the tile floor at some point in the kitchen when she gets hot. Then comes back to our feet around 3-5am …

We have outdoor security cameras located in the front sides and back of our property. they can tell the difference between people and pets. If anyone comes within 35 feet of our home they are triggered and will relay the information to all 4 of our Amazon echo devices one of which is located in our bedroom which will announce that a person is detected and on which camera they were detected on.

We have outdoor security cameras located in the front sides and back of our property. they can tell the difference between people and pets. If anyone comes within 35 feet of our home they are triggered and will relay the information to all 4 of our Amazon echo devices one of which is located in our bedroom which will announce that a person is detected and on which camera they were detected on.
All good unless someone takes your internet out first.

All good unless someone takes your internet out first.
well they would have to get to the house to do that and by that time i would have already been alerted. Also all of our cable and electrical are underground.

Even if that were possible which its not they still have to breech the the home and my pistol when sleeping is arms length away and i sleep in a second floor bedroom.

well they would have to get to the house to do that and by that time i would have already been alerted. Also all of our cable and electrical are underground.

Even if that were possible which its not they still have to breech the the home and my pistol when sleeping is arms length away and i sleep in a second floor bedroom.
Oh, it is possible. And very easy in fact. I work in underground construction. In fact right now the job I’m on requires me to excavate 600 feet running parallel to an AT&T fiber optic Transmission line that the government agencies, NASA, Wall Street and everyone else is on. I was told by AT&T that if it gets hit it’s millions of dollars a minute in fines.

Anyway, yeah, your communication lines are underground, but that line runs through what are called “ Hand holes” every so many feet. You’ve seen them. It’s a fiberglass box about 2’x3’ with a lid at ground level. Now this government transmission line doesn’t, but every other type of communication line does. Literally a pair of medium dykes and I could take out the internet, phone or cable for miles around. Besides that, it comes into your house above ground. There’s a box on the wall, probably over by your gas meter. Furthermore, you’re relying on Wi-Fi for your cameras. Not only can my wife, pretty much a nobody, hack into your system, but that system is also dependent on you having electric service. I could write a book on the ways to take out a residential electric service.

Let me also point out that if your internet service is the brand new Fiber AT&T just put in, using almost exclusively South Americans via contractors, the drop ( that is the line coming from the main trunk ) going to your house is less than 6” deep in most cases.

Oh, it is possible. And very easy in fact. I work in underground construction. In fact right now the job I’m on requires me to excavate 600 feet running parallel to an AT&T fiber optic Transmission line that the government agencies, NASA, Wall Street and everyone else is on. I was told by AT&T that if it gets hit it’s millions of dollars a minute in fines.

Anyway, yeah, your communication lines are underground, but that line runs through what are called “ Hand holes” every so many feet. You’ve seen them. It’s a fiberglass box about 2’x3’ with a lid at ground level. Now this government transmission line doesn’t, but every other type of communication line does. Literally a pair of medium dykes and I could take out the internet, phone or cable for miles around. Besides that, it comes into your house above ground. There’s a box on the wall, probably over by your gas meter. Furthermore, you’re relying on Wi-Fi for your cameras. Not only can my wife, pretty much a nobody, hack into your system, but that system is also dependent on you having electric service. I could write a book on the ways to take out a residential electric service.

Let me also point out that if your internet service is the brand new Fiber AT&T just put in, using almost exclusively South Americans via contractors, the drop ( that is the line coming from the main trunk ) going to your house is less than 6” deep in most cases.

i guess if you are the FBI or other "law enforcement" agency it wouldn't be difficult but I thought we were talking about keeping yourself safe from burgles/home invaders or thief's.
I don't think many people who are intent on breaking into your home have those skills or equipment. A best they may have a crowbar.
Then they still have to gain entry and as soon as the perimeter is breeched the wired alarm system "not connected to a monitoring station" with battery backup will sound instantly at 120 decibels.

I sleep in the upstairs bedroom and it literally will take me 2 seconds to get my firearm. I keep an xdm elite compact in 45 acp and a KS7 loaded at the ready.

Back