testtest

Who Carries Old Guns?

Sorry to all, my oldest (new-to-me) firearm is a 1987 Tauraus .38-special. I don't carry it because it's a revolver, it's .38-special, and holds 5 rounds. Thus, I do not qualify for this thread. I am, however, collecting (and shooting) some WWI & WWII rifles, however....but none are likely to be carried. I'd love to own a Luger circa 1942...but my common sense (and recent motorcycle infatuation) prevails. I live vicariously on this site. I struggle to think of a Glock being a gun that qualifies as "old". Deepest apologies for that last blasphemous comment, Anni.....

One of my old guns, from my grandfather. I do not carry this treasure.

Attachments

• 20180401_144831.jpg
    20180401_144831.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
By old gun I mean something that you picked up 10 - 15+ years ago and it is still your primary or only EDC. Have you modified it? Have you dragged it kicking and screaming into the 21st century so that you can keep your old-school auto or wheelgun but have added a light or red dot when it wasn't designed for it?
I have several "primarily" EDCs. I carry something different depending on what I'm wearing and where I'm going. I own all the new toys like the Hellcat, Shield Plus, Glocks, M&P 2.0, CZs, Sigs, you name it, but I perfer older tried and true firearms. I don't really carry any of the my newer higher capacity, flavor of the month, latest and greatest firearms.

To your second question, It's my personal opinion that it's sacrilege to put lights, lasers, or optics on classy old school metal frame pistols and revolvers. I relegate that stuff for my polymer crap.

8xnuRI6.jpg

It's still relevant and sold today, but my Ruger LCR 357. It gets carried often as a primarily in my pocket or as a BUG. Purchased it back in 2012, so it's going on 12+ years now. It's the first revolver I ever purchased, but now I own about a dozen.

3HgBDZg.jpg

Now Discontinued by Kahr, my MK40. It's over 24 years old. I will typically carry it OWB concealed with only a t-shirt on in the warmer months or when I need extra concealment. It's kinda sorta been replaced by my Springfield Hellcat, but still carry it.

V7y1ZYe.jpg

I've been carrying this the most lately. It's my Kahr K40 from early 2014, so it's over 10 years old. It's been discontinued too.

Last edited:
I still carry my Keltec PF-9 once in a while. Bought it in 2008. There are a lot of people who put the Keltecs down. Yes there have been problems with some of them but to this day the only trouble with feeding I have had was when I tried to run Remington Golden Sabers in it.

I have never had an extraction issue. With the Golden Sabers I would fir a couple shots and have two shells nose down in the magazine. Pop them back into place , fire two rounds and have 2 rounds nose down in the mag. I tried 7 different magazines that day and every one of them had the same results. Loaded different ammo in the same magazines and it ran fine. So that was the end of Golden Sabers for me.

Back