testtest

WTF ? Optics plate loose again !

Iron sites have worked for me for over 30 years, personally I don’t need the change, but yea, several dots don’t have a battery or they are solar charged capable, my 2 Springfield’s, Hellcat and XDm Elite compact came with dots, there still in the boxes
Just curious…why do you spend the extra $$ to get optics guns if you’re not going to use the optics. I think all those guns you listed are available without optics for less money.

Just for reference for anyone who might have plates or optics come loose - aside from making sure that you are using good screws (fyi, Holosun screws are notoriously shite) - it is always a good idea - particularly if you are going to use Loctite, which many of the manufacturers recommend, as well as most of the companies that mill slides, to ensure the threaded holes are oil free, as well as the screws. Use a solvent (ethanol, lacquer thinner, acetone etc) to clean both the threaded hole and the screw itself to ensure a good bond. Allow Loctite 24 hours minimum to cure in most cases.
For one thing torque specs are for CLEAN and dry threads. I read where a Holosun rep said to reduce torque by 5% if you use liquid thread locker.

FYI, another very good resource for optics screws. These will work with the majority of red dots - except Sig (surprise, surprise) they use button cap screws, which you can buy two from them for $9.95 +$10.00 shipping!

Go to the HIVIZ site and checkout the FASTDOT H3. You may be surprised (in a good way).
Ugh, no thanks. I’ve had more fiber optic rods fail me (fall out) than I care to admit. I stay far far away from any sight system with fiber optics (unless sealed and can’t fall out). Now I do love XS Big Dots 100% and have them on a few Glocks.

Name calling doesn’t help your cause. I’m a firm believer in everyone should use what “they” are comfortable with, however optics are not going away. If you don’t like them, can’t use them, that’s fine. Calling others fools, not so much.
Get a thicker skin! I don't care what you think.

For one thing torque specs are for CLEAN and dry threads. I read where a Holosun rep said to reduce torque by 5% if you use liquid thread locker.
Yes sir, I read as much as 20% reduction in torque for small screw w/ thread locker. SA says 25 in-lb for plate to slide on Prodigy, so I will give them 18 to 20 in-lb and see if that does the trick.

Just curious…why do you spend the extra $$ to get optics guns if you’re not going to use the optics. I think all those guns you listed are available without optics for less money.
On the XDm, I didn’t know it came with it plus my shop made a mistake and only charged me for the gun without the dot instead of the one with the dot, only Hellcat they had in stock so I got it anyway, so I didn’t pay more for the XDm, Hellcat yea

Go to the HIVIZ site and checkout the FASTDOT H3. You may be surprised (in a good way).
1728500280236.png

i can answer that to what i have experienced.

i do not buy optics ready guns.....however...

i have sold some of my guns, and the first thing the dealer says is, "well it's NOT optics ready, and nearly everyone wants such a used gun, and frankly, i cannot give you a high offer".....

that does not stop me from selling one of my non-optic guns, as "we haggle" and i do "ok" in getting a good price.

same thing when i sell a gun that has factory iron sights, not night sites.....

i do not buy night sites.....BUT, if a gun i buy happens to have them...ok...i guess.

there isn't much $$$ difference in an optics ready gun over a non-optics gun, and many times, when on sale, i get what i like, not what everyone else says different to.

i can answer that to what i have experienced.

i do not buy optics ready guns.....however...

i have sold some of my guns, and the first thing the dealer says is, "well it's NOT optics ready, and nearly everyone wants such a used gun, and frankly, i cannot give you a high offer".....

that does not stop me from selling one of my non-optic guns, as "we haggle" and i do "ok" in getting a good price.

same thing when i sell a gun that has factory iron sights, not night sites.....

i do not buy night sites.....BUT, if a gun i buy happens to have them...ok...i guess.

there isn't much $$$ difference in an optics ready gun over a non-optics gun, and many times, when on sale, i get what i like, not what everyone else says different to.
I think he bought his with the actual optics included. That’s usually $200-$400 increase depending on brand of optic. I agree on the always buying optics ready in this day in age, just not “with” an actual optic if you’re not going to use it (or, as in Annihilator’s case, LGS made mistake and didn’t charge him the difference).

I was just genuinely curious why someone who doesn’t want optics bought guns that came with optics. He explained it perfectly (though he didn’t owe me an explanation). Though I generally never question how people spend their money, it made no sense to me so I asked.

I could also see if someone thought they could maybe sell the optic they didn’t want to recoup the difference, though that’s a lot of time spent and not something guaranteed.

I have recently fit the mold of a "wise guy" and even been guilty of being "foolish" to a certain extent. But I do enjoy both iron sights as well as electronic optics along with the occasional automatic transmission. LOL
Life is short, have an open mind.

Back